KTLA Adding 6PM newscast

fan of la tv

Starting September 14, KTLA is adding a 6PM newscast. This is also the first day for new anchors Micah Olman and Victoria Recano. Also noticed the online program guides are referring to the 10PM show as KTLA 5 News at 10 instead of Prime News. Wonder if it means there is actually going to be a change.

On September 14, KTLA will now have 8.5 hours of local news. More than any other station in Los Angeles. Wonder if there is any other station in the country that produces more on a weekday?

News times:

4:30a - 10a

1p - 2p

6p - 7p

10p -11p

It's interesting to see 5 now look to compete with the networks, Now All I'm wondering is when will KTLA launch a 5pm and 11pm newscast, or for that matter when will FOX11 launch a 5pm and 6pm newscast (like most other FOX OnO's)?

Guest Former Member 207
It's interesting to see 5 now look to compete with the networks, Now All I'm wondering is when will KTLA launch a 5pm and 11pm newscast, or for that matter when will FOX11 launch a 5pm and 6pm newscast (like most other FOX OnO's)?

We've seen over the last few years that KTTV is more or less phasing out its sitcoms during weekdays, have placed more of a concentration on news, talk, and the court shows. Maybe we'll eventually see KCOP become much more of an entertainment-focused station (it pretty much is already), operating strictly on sitcoms, dramas, and movies...that's the trend I'm seeing.

Speaking of KTLA...any word on their move to downtown with the Times?

We've seen over the last few years that KTTV is more or less phasing out its sitcoms during weekdays, have placed more of a concentration on news, talk, and the court shows. Maybe we'll eventually see KCOP become much more of an entertainment-focused station (it pretty much is already), operating strictly on sitcoms, dramas, and movies...that's the trend I'm seeing.

Speaking of KTLA...any word on their move to downtown with the Times?

Also heard that last year. From what I recall, it said some KTLA staffers would move into the Times Building. It never mentioned a total move. With what is going on with Sam Zell and him being possibly ousted or Tribune selling off print or television stations, don't know if there are still plans to do this. Anyone heard anything?

Archived