KSWB adding a 6PM Newscast

Bsean

Promos have begun running for KSWB's new 6PM newscast set to debut on Sept. 14. Kendis Gibson was in the promo I saw, but I am unsure as to whether it will be both he and Kathleen or him by himself. Very interesting though. So now there will be 4 stations battling in the 6pm slot: KSWB, KNSD, KUSI, and KGTV.

It will be Kendis and Kathleen achoring... not sure of the length.

Minus Kyle Hunter on weather, he mentioned on his twitter that he will be moving to weekends. Curious to see who replaces him.

Minus Kyle Hunter on weather' date=' he mentioned on his twitter that he will be moving to weekends. Curious to see who replaces him.[/quote']

Does the name Loren Nancarrow ring a bell? He announced today on Facebook that he will be joining the Fox 5 team (no date given).

Does the name Loren Nancarrow ring a bell? He announced today on Facebook that he will be joining the Fox 5 team (no date given).

Well, there was no doubt that the moving of Kyle Hunter to the weekend newscasts had to do with a big name coming in. I kind of suspected that it would either be Loren or Aloha Taylor that would take the spot. Good move though, Loren has a huge following and he knows his stuff. Maybe he'll start on Monday (9/14) when the new 6pm newscast debuts.

Well, it appears Loren is not slated to do weather. According to a posting from his facebook (actually him on his wive's facebook), he is "not sure what he will be doing there yet." He says he is done doing weather though. Very interesting turn of events I'd say. I will say that everything must be in the air. On Monday, Loren did file a gardening segment on the 6pm newscast, Brad Wills has been doing weekday evenings, and Kyle Hunter was interviewing Colbie Caillat this morning. What to make of things is the question.

Also, there is an article in the Union tribune about Loren's move to KSWB:

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/sep/17/nancarrow-turning-over-new-leaf/?uniontrib

Archived