CNN Drops to Last Place Among Cable News Networks in October

CalItalian2

I will say this CNN needs to revamp its entire line-up. It's time to stop having the "CNN Newsroom" one-anchor format and go back to the 2 anchor format. Don Lemon, Rick Sanchez, and Kyra Phillips need their own individual shows instead of the CNN Newsroom. The Situation Room needs to just be on from 2 hours. They could fill the line-up with shows other than the CNN Newsroom, but I think at the moment they are lacking some serious ideas.

I think Anderson Cooper a good reporter, but I don't know about him hosting an hour show at 9/10pm then a repeat. It wouldn't hurt for them just combine Anderson and Campbell show with together on the same show during the prime time.

Soledad should have her own regular show as well since she is a very good journalist.

I have to agree with all of you.

Rick Sanchez is the man, while Don Lemon and Soledad are severely under-utilized. Everyone and everything else is just boring...even Anderson.

Lou Dobbs...geesh! I used to love this guy. Now I can't stand his behind.

I agree that CNN should go back to the two anchor format during the day. Having Heidi Collins, Krya Phillips, Tony Harris, and Rick Sanchez anchor solo is just not working. They also need to update their look at the CNN center by adding more plasma screens and tweaking some minor things. I've noticed that cameras at the CNN center are now in 16:9, but I don't think they are HD. Once they update to HD, I think things will look better.

...oh...and Jack Cafferty is good too.

But the rest are just smarmy, especially Wolf Blitzer and John Roberts. The fake balance exhibited by CNN is particularly annoying as well.....

I love Jack Cafferty. He always cracks me up with his realistic commentary yet he offers an objective journalist delivery. Somebody does need to tell Wolf Blitzer to sit down for sure. I don't even know what to say about "American Morning" because John Roberts and Kiran Chetry's chemistry is awkward at best.

is fake balance and "centrism" really true balance, though? Is a bias towards centrist politicians not a bias?

Have you seen their "Wingnut of the Week" segment? It's like the "false equivalency minute"....

That is very true. They seem to aim and criticize the moderate/centrist politicos for all their worth. I does bother me quite a bit.

Archived