FOX6 Milwaukee HD launches Saturday

Weeters

:awesome:

http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/showthread.php?p=54080#post54080

(Note "Chuck from FOX" is WITI GM Chuck Steinmetz)

http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/hdnews.html

The new weather graphics are already in use...

Interesting. They don't seem too bad. I would've thought that would just copied KTVI's graphics like WXIN did.

There are a lot of typefaces going on here... Helvetica in the open, Univers in the lower thirds, and then I see some DIN mixed in there. It looks good, but as a designer, all that font inconsistency makes my head hurt.

I don't see anything wrong with the lower-third design itself though. The only such thing as an outdated lower-third is the infamous KNBC/WNBC "red line."

Supers are nice' date=' open needs to be redone entirely. It's very lame... Bug looks weird where it is. Picture quality is very nice but set needs to be re-lit, it's very dark.[/quote']

Thank you. I things the L3s are a step up but the open-- damn, what's going on with that? It's just unpolished. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have that damn worn-out 3D style for the slogan. I don't even live there and I'm tired of seeing it. And what's with it popping off the screen? There's a more elegant way to do a callout.

And this just in: the flying pictures and fairy dust remind me of Raycom.

Clean up the open a little, and I like it.

Thank you. I things the L3s are a step up but the open-- damn, what's going on with that? It's just unpolished. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have that damn worn-out 3D style for the slogan. I don't even live there and I'm tired of seeing it. And what's with it popping off the screen? There's a more elegant way to do a callout.

And this just in: the flying pictures and fairy dust remind me of Raycom.

Clean up the open a little, and I like it.

I really hate the open because it doesn't match the rest of the graphics at all...

Does WITI have something against the O&O logo? We've got non O&O's adopting the look, yet FOX6 persists with a dated FOX6 logo.

The graphics are good, though. However, the lower 3rds are about as disappointing as KTVI's.

How many Local TV stations aren't in HD, yet?

Does WITI have something against the O&O logo? We've got non O&O's adopting the look, yet FOX6 persists with a dated FOX6 logo.

Because their old set, had the logo heavily integrated in set and the walls, so they figured why change that?, just change the color. I like the logo...on Wikipedia.

• 1 month later...

Archived