Possible "News 4 LA" title design?

bmasters1

A while back, I participated in a thread about KNBC in L.A. needing a change in its news, and someone suggested names like "News 4 LA" (KNBC's former title) or "Newschannel 4" (WNBC's former title). I chose "News 4 LA" as the one that I thought would be the best, and I stand in that opinion. That said, if KNBC did in fact become "News 4 LA" again in the future, and you were assigned to create the brand identity (graphics, title, L3's), would you render it like WNBC currently renders its "News 4 New York" title, or would you go about it a little differently? Reason I ask is because WNBC and KNBC are sister O&O's of NBC in NYC and L.A. respectively, and I would think that it would be a great idea if NBC's biggest O&O's (the two on the coasts) had identical graphics packages.

A while back, I participated in a thread about KNBC in L.A. needing a change in its news, and someone suggested names like "News 4 LA" (KNBC's former title) or "Newschannel 4" (WNBC's former title). I chose "News 4 LA" as the one that I thought would be the best, and I stand in that opinion. That said, if KNBC did in fact become "News 4 LA" again in the future, and you were assigned to create the brand identity (graphics, title, L3's), would you render it like WNBC currently renders its "News 4 New York" title, or would you go about it a little differently? Reason I ask is because WNBC and KNBC are sister O&O's of NBC in NYC and L.A. respectively, and I would think that it would be a great idea if NBC's biggest O&O's (the two on the coasts) had identical graphics packages.

It could happen the way things are now, but I figure they would probably pull at News 4 New York kinda look.

Archived