WKMG question

bmasters1

Because WKMG was once very nearly owned by Columbia Pictures (and then known as WCPX in anticipation of that ownership [CPX being shorthand for Columbia Pictures]), I have a question about that:

If WCPX (as 'KMG was known then) was actually owned by Columbia (which of course it wasn't), would the newscasts have had a Columbia logo at the end (the Torch Lady or equivalent)? It would have been far-out to Orlando viewers of the time to see a movie studio have its television logo on a newscast, I strongly believe.

Because WKMG was once very nearly owned by Columbia Pictures (and then known as WCPX in anticipation of that ownership [CPX being shorthand for Columbia Pictures]), I have a question about that:

If WCPX (as 'KMG was known then) was actually owned by Columbia (which of course it wasn't), would the newscasts have had a Columbia logo at the end (the Torch Lady or equivalent)? It would have been far-out to Orlando viewers of the time to see a movie studio have its television logo on a newscast, I strongly believe.

probably would have been one of those animated shorts telling reminding people to visit the concession stand for popcorn and soda before the next newscast.

And the news promos would go something like...

"TONIGHT... a newscast like you've never seen before... starring award-winning anchors Lauren Rowe and Mike Garofalo..."

In a world... where weather can change at the blink of an eye... one weather team...

...well you get the point.

Archived