WCBS airing a movie today

justin2kx

Well this is a surprise. I just turned on ch.2 and somehow as far as i can recall, for the first time in a long time they are showing a movie, period. The one today now at 3pm is the movie "Hotshot" from 1987 starring soccer legend Pele and actor Mario Van Peebles. Anyone watching this can reply to me soon? It's a weird movie by the way.

Is this the route WCBS goes to in case there is not much CBS Sports programming going on? (there is only the incredible dog challenge coming up at 5pm) I'm just curious, how much (or not so much) does WCBS has its own movie library? Would they possibly air the late night movies again on weekends if that's the case?

I think it is a good idea for a station to air a movie on the weekend if there is no network programming. How many times can we sit through informercials on any given Saturday or Sunday afternoon!? More stations (especially in small markets where a station might not do a weekend morning newscast) should do this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived