John Marshall WNBC

shorewx

His bio is gone fromt he WNBC web page.

Well, that was fast. Just last weekend he did the morning shows with Pat Battle.

And no send-off or farewell.

This Domenica chick who replaced him this weekend really needs to step it up - she doesn't have that extra sparkle to get the information across.

• 1 month later...
With NYC i'm pretty sure, non compete's are out with window...with Gov Paterson's rights to work act...

Non-competes are out the window at many stations/markets now. Just makes it easier and "friendlier" for both parties when it comes time for management to fire/lay-off people, especially when the talent wants to take an offer from another at the same time his/her current station wants to make some talent cuts. It just works out better and both parties are happy. I've seen it happen a couple times already. The few that I know that still have non-competes are only 1 or 2 months at the most..

Non-competes are out the window at many stations/markets now. Just makes it easier and "friendlier" for both parties when it comes time for management to fire/lay-off people, especially when the talent wants to take an offer from another at the same time his/her current station wants to make some talent cuts. It just works out better and both parties are happy. I've seen it happen a couple times already. The few that I know that still have non-competes are only 1 or 2 months at the most..

Hmm. Guess that hasn't happened in smaller markets...

So are John Marshall and Cindy Hsu the confirmed weekend anchors??

A quick check of the WCBS-TV website shows neither one of them listed as working the weekend shift. Marshall's name isn't anywhere. yet....

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/station/cbs-2/

Maybe the official announcement hasn't happened yet.

So are John Marshall and Cindy Hsu the confirmed weekend anchors??

Not sure about Cindy...but it's a pretty good bet that John is the new weather guy since Megan moved to Chicago...plus it usually takes a while to get the new bio up online..

More details from today's Media Bistro Fishbowl:

Meteorologist John Marshall Finds Work at WCBS

By Jerry Barmash on Sep 01, 2010 04:29 PM

John Marshall is back on the air in New York. The veteran meteorologist has turned up on WCBS/Channel 2 last weekend, doing weather forecasts on the morning newscasts.

He is reunited with anchor Rob Morrison.

"He and I started about same time at peacock. Great guy. Psyched he's on board," Morrison told FishbowlNY via Twitter.

Marshall's status with WCBS, however, is uncertain.

"He is just filling in until they find a replacement," A WCBS spokesperson said.

Last month, WNBC didn't renew Marshall's contract.

Marshall spent the past 12 years as weather anchor at Channel 4

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/tv/meteorologist_john_marshall_finds_work_at_wcbs_172497.asp

I hope they keep John Marshall - I always thought he did a good job. The new girl on WNBC is not nearly as good!

I think that is being kind.

Rather than give John Marshall a raise, they probably got DD on the cheap.

• 3 months later...

He was out in the field all thru the blizzard, up to his hips in snow in Hazlet, NJ.

I noticed he "borrowed" his former WNBC colleague Brian Thompson's gimmick of sticking a yardstick into the snow drifts to measure height - John called it the "Marshallmeter".

• 7 months later...

Archived