Mary Calvi to CBS2 Weekday Mornings

IceManNYR

The new am news promo is running with John, Maurice, Mary and Kate.

Kate Sullivan joins WBBM iin early September as an anchor.

Will they give the weekend am co-anchor shift to Cindy?

Mary is a little flat for me. I wish they made someone else an anchor, if not Cindy maybe just promote a young reporter... Hazel Sanchez?

Mary is a little flat for me. I wish they made someone else an anchor, if not Cindy maybe just promote a young reporter... Hazel Sanchez?

If Mary's flat, did you like Kate Sullivan? She was about as white bread as they come.

Mary's done her time at the station. She deserves it.

If Mary's flat, did you like Kate Sullivan? She was about as white bread as they come.

She certainly has paid her dues. Waiting patiently after being demoted from noon and 5pm to weekends. She had a pretty tough schedule working weekend mornings and night.

However, her presentation seems forced. She has different tones reading different stories. Usually in the beginning she seems stiff and expressionless, slurring her words, but when its weather and sports time, she's completely different almost coming off as fake, she's like: " Good golly, its weather time with Elise Finch, wasn't today just lovely?" (mind you, she didn't say those words, but you get the point)

She certainly has paid her dues. Waiting patiently after being demoted from noon and 5pm to weekends. She had a pretty tough schedule working weekend mornings and night.

However, her presentation seems forced. She has different tones reading different stories. Usually in the beginning she seems stiff and expressionless, slurring her words, but when its weather and sports time, she's completely different almost coming off as fake, she's like: " Good golly, its weather time with Elise Finch, wasn't today just lovely?" (mind you, she didn't say those words, but you get the point)

Agreed. Having to work on both mornings and evenings on weekends can certainly take a toll on a somebody like Mary.

Kate Sullivan is worst! Mary Calvi is a better choice, but she is still somewhat dull for a morning show.

Even though Mary comes off as dull and I think Cindy Hsu would have been a better choice, Mary deserves the promotion for her tireless work on the weekends. I just hope that she and Maurice will develop some type of chemistry. I notice Maurice has a hard time bantering with his co-anchors.

I'm very happy Mary got it, I like Cindy almost equally though. I think Cindy wouldn't wanted it again, she did mornings for a long time and burnout happens.

Mary will do well with Maurice, she's better then Kate (even Roseanna Scotto is better then Kate;))

Weekends will be interesting, I have the feeling that Cindy will do both for a while.

Maybe after that the'll finally get a new co-anchor for Rob and co-anchors for weekend evenings.

Archived