Bill & Walter Debut Tonight

lazynetjunkie

I am glad they brought back the news desk. I hope they are planning to do something with the area that Monsters & Money used (the one with the conference room backdrop, also where the fake monitor wall was).

SO glad they put the plasma back where the hole in the wall was. And the skyline shots they're using for those screens look great in HD. Big improvement.

they've both been very rusty so far. bill more than walter. but its just the first night. hopefully this will get better.

Funny thing is it was the opposite when they had the special reunion last year.. Bill was the less rusty one and Walter was extremely rusty. However, I think all the Walter's Perspectives he's done since has given him alot of practice. Just give them some time to get used to it again.

I like the minor adjustments they made to the set. Having the city shots on the plasmas behind Bill & Walter was a good change, much better than just the station logo.

As for Bill & Walter's chemistry, it's still there. Their timing and the flow of the newscast will need some work, but I'm sure as time goes by it'll improve. I agree with the previous poster that Walter was more on-the-ball than Bill, but Bill's been off the desk a lot longer than Walter.

I liked that the content was a bit different. Unlike the morning show, they didn't just try to be a limp version of Channel 7. They did a psudo-rundown at the top, then after the stories, they provided some context, analysis and depth. It was different and it might just work. It'll be interesting to see how the numbers and demos read in the coming months.

I only caught a part of the second night but I think they did well. I think what's going to really make the new 6PM work well is the story/content selection. Bill improved. I really think they'll back back to "normal" in no time at all. Like has been said, it's been a very long time since Bill and Walter have done this on a regular basis.

Kate Sullivan starts September 13. I heard they were/are trying to push it to September 6 but I don't know if that's going to happen..

Moments Ago:

Bill: "Good evening, I'm Walter Jacobson. Wait..."

Walter: "No, no...now I'm Walter Jacobson."

Guess their not totally there yet.

lol.. I heard that.. It was a joke. Behind the scenes, Bill has been funfilled with old people and forgetfulness jokes ever since he's come back to the station.

• 3 weeks later...
lol.. I heard that.. It was a joke. Behind the scenes, Bill has been funfilled with old people and forgetfulness jokes ever since he's come back to the station.
What a freaking mistake it was to leave for New Yawk in the first place :mad: Of course he doesn't care that the once #1 news station in Chicago is the equivalent of the Cubs now :ack:

Archived