Worst anchors in your market

Guest Mak

Anyone on WITI except for Ted Perry and Joanne Williams, and most everyone on WTMJ (presently).

I have to agree with WTMJ, but I strongly disagree with WITI. The only good ones there are Mark Concannon, Kim Murphy, Ted Perry, and Beverly Taylor.

Also, Toya Washington is bad on WISN, along with pretty much everybody at WDJT.

Barbara Ciara (WTKR) - She's been in this market since the early 80s and at WTKR since 2000 (as managing editor, didn't become anchor until 2001). Cracks jokes and makes little comments like "that's right, folks." Everyone's sick of her and she's only still there because she makes over a million a year.

Kurt Williams (WTKR) - ALWAYS happy talks with either Barbara or the meteorologist and tries to be funny, he always tries to make jokes at every piece of fluff. Been in the market for almost 20 years, all of them at WTKR.

Here's a little taste of the two above:

Stacy Davis (WTKR) - There's nothing really bad about her, she's just not a great anchor... she doesn't have a great voice.

LaSalle Blanks (WVEC) - I don't really like him, he's... different for some reason.

Barbara Ciara (WTKR) - She's been in this market since the early 80s and at WTKR since 2000 (as managing editor, didn't become anchor until 2001). Cracks jokes and makes little comments like "that's right, folks." Everyone's sick of her and she's only still there because she makes over a million a year.

Kurt Williams (WTKR) - ALWAYS happy talks with either Barbara or the meteorologist and tries to be funny, he always tries to make jokes at every piece of fluff. Been in the market for almost 20 years, all of them at WTKR.

Here's a little taste of the two above:

Stacy Davis (WTKR) - There's nothing really bad about her, she's just not a great anchor... she doesn't have a great voice.

LaSalle Blanks (WVEC) - I don't really like him, he's... different for some reason.

Let's see...I called Babs a has-been and Kurt a poor man's Bryant Gumbel (they even look similar).

I'm not a big fan of WAVY anchors David Nelson (who thinks he should have been a comedian), or Lori Crouch (not sure why...)

I wonder what you mean by "...different for some reason" when talking about LaSalle. ;)

Gayle Guyardo [WFLA] - Stumbles through promos, dresses like a whore, the only way she's on is because she has connections.

Mario Diaz [WTSP]

Heather Van Nest [WTSP]

Deborah Bowden [WTVT] - She's a bitch, plain and simple.

Jesus, how could you forget???????

WFLA - Keith Cate

WTSP - Reginald Roundtree

WTSP - Angela Atalla

WTVT - Bill Murphy

WFOR - Brian Norcross

WSVN - Lynn Martinez

WTSP - Reginald Roundtree

He is probably going to get himself another beer and get drunk.

and then drive home

cfif: Angela is the am weekend boob on TSP

Take her iq add it to the weather dudette's score and you still need more $$ to buy a cup of coffee.

Milwaukee: easily Chris Goodman (WITI). By far and away the least professional anchor I've ever seen. Behaves more like a class clown than an anchor when on the air.

Runner up: Katrina Cravy (also WITI). I've mentioned before how insincere she seems on the air. Everything about her just grates on the nerves.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Former Member 207

WOIO-Sharon Reed. She punches the wrong words and makes stuff sound 1000x dramatic than it should be.

Wasn't she the same one that did a story about her posing nude a couple years ago?

As far as worst anchors (and I'll throw in reporters as well), I live in the land of Hollywood...the home of the vain, stupid, and contrived. I admit that I don't watch much local news as used to, outside of catching KTTV in the morning and at 10pm, and KABC at 11pm. There's one in particular that I personally can't stand, and that's Ed Laskos from KTTV. He's mainly a field field reporter, but does fill-in at the anchor desk on occasion (for example, he filled-in for John Beard one night last week), but to me, he's the Joe Buck of news reporting, and it's ironically appropriate that Buck and Laskos are both Fox employees. Anybody who catches Buck's act on Fox Sports every weekend should understand where I'm coming from. Laskos is a pompus smart-ass who can't just deliver the story straight.

Another one from KTTV is Karen Posada...just horrible. She reminds me of when Claudia Trejos replaced the great Ed Arnold on KTLA's Sunday night sports report. Just a poor delivery and can't speak fluent English at all.

Dallas: KXAS: Mike Snyder & Jane McGarry

I hate to say it, but it's got to be Justin Farmer (WFAA)

Charlie to the both of you: Agreed.

Just my $0.02: KXAS ran their news operation into the ditch when they dropped the "Texas News 5" approach (Graphics, music, news product, whole 9 yard). As much as I love seeing Jane and Mike together on-air, KXAS has gotten seriously stale.

Justin Farmer...yeah he needs to go, too.

My votes:

>> Baron James (KDFW), as I have said time and again.

>> Pete Delkus (WFAA's new chief meteorologist). OK, I gave ol' Petey a chance to prove himself to me as a viewer. I really did. But after last night's comments about sports director Dale Hansen's backhair (a mental picture I'm STILL trying to get out of my head :) )....now I have just 2 words for Mr. Delkus: enough already! Last night on The Update, Gloria Campos very smartly replied "How do you know? ;D" Right before the next ad break after the weather, John McCaa called it very accurately: "That's just disgusting!" WFAA didn't hire him for the smart-alec comic relief -- that's what Dale Hansen's for. Just do the weather, Pete, and shut up!

Dallas: KXAS: Mike Snyder & Jane McGarry

I hate to say it, but it's got to be Justin Farmer (WFAA)

Charlie to the both of you: Agreed.

Just my $0.02: KXAS ran their news operation into the ditch when they dropped the "Texas News 5" approach (Graphics, music, news product, whole 9 yard). As much as I love seeing Jane and Mike together on-air, KXAS has gotten seriously stale.

Justin Farmer...yeah he needs to go, too.

My votes:

>> Baron James (KDFW), as I have said time and again.

>> Pete Delkus (WFAA's new chief meteorologist). OK, I gave ol' Petey a chance to prove himself to me as a viewer. I really did. But after last night's comments about sports director Dale Hansen's backhair (a mental picture I'm STILL trying to get out of my head :D )....now I have just 2 words for Mr. Delkus: enough already! Last night on The Update, Gloria Campos very smartly replied "How do you know? ;D" Right before the next ad break after the weather, John McCaa called it very accurately: "That's just disgusting!" WFAA didn't hire him for the smart-alec comic relief -- that's what Dale Hansen's for. Just do the weather, Pete, and shut up!

For some reason I dont mind Pete Delkus. Incidently, I'm watching the News 8 Update @ 10 and Pete Delkus is talking about how Dale Hansen needs fiber in his diet.

KXAS news is a complete JOKE. Once a pretty respectable news station, their news has gone to hell in a hand basket.

Archived