Worst anchors in your market

Guest Mak

WCBS: Kate Sullivan & Kristine Johnson

WPIX: Dr. Steve ??? (fill-in am)

WNYW: Lynda Lopez (fill-in)

Wasn't Lynda Lopez at WWOR not too long ago (around the time we were jumping on them for their use of the Comic Sans font)?

WNYW: Lynda Lopez (fill-in)

Wasn't Lynda Lopez at WWOR not too long ago (around the time we were jumping on them for their use of the Comic Sans font)?

She was once on Today In New York (WNBC) years ago, did lifestyle/celebrity reporting (better known as what can I tell you about my famous sister!). I would also add Karen Hepp - when she was WNBC she could never get names right, lost her place in the teleprompter - she was a real bad fit.

WOIO-Sharon Reed. She punches the wrong words and makes stuff sound 1000x dramatic than it should be.

Wasn't she the same one that did a story about her posing nude a couple years ago?

As far as worst anchors (and I'll throw in reporters as well), I live in the land of Hollywood...the home of the vain, stupid, and contrived. I admit that I don't watch much local news as used to, outside of catching KTTV in the morning and at 10pm, and KABC at 11pm. There's one in particular that I personally can't stand, and that's Ed Laskos from KTTV. He's mainly a field field reporter, but does fill-in at the anchor desk on occasion (for example, he filled-in for John Beard one night last week), but to me, he's the Joe Buck of news reporting, and it's ironically appropriate that Buck and Laskos are both Fox employees. Anybody who catches Buck's act on Fox Sports every weekend should understand where I'm coming from. Laskos is a pompus smart-ass who can't just deliver the story straight.

Another one from KTTV is Karen Posada...just horrible. She reminds me of when Claudia Trejos replaced the great Ed Arnold on KTLA's Sunday night sports report. Just a poor delivery and can't speak fluent English at all.

Ed is such a nice guy though, I met him once, really down to earth, but yes he is better suited for "Hard Copy" or "Extra" than he is for a 10pm newscast, but then again, that's the direction Channel 11 and 13 have gone, no thanx to Roger Ailes, Rupert Murdoch and their cronies at Fox.

Personally, I think Frank Buckley (KTLA) and Juan Fernandez (KCAL) are very poor newscasters.

WRIC-Juan Conde...He was great as a radio DJ back in the day, but I just can't take him seriously as an anchor, plus I still remember him from those Circuit City commercials in the '90s.

• 2 months later...

Boston

Ed Harding WCVB

Heather Unruh WCVB

David Brown WCVB

Pam Cross WCVB

Bob Halloren WCVB

Matt Lorch WHDH ( The worse in Boston)

Christia Delcamp WHDH

Johnanthan Hall WHDH

David Wade WFXT

Maria Stephonis WFXT

Mark Ockerbloom WFXT

Providence

Tom Langford WLNE (The worse in providence)

Melissa Mahan WLNE

Patrice Wood WJAR

I agree about Ed Harding. They should have not let him co-anchor with Natalie Jacobson at 6pm. She was just fine at 6, hell she was doing just fine for years. Then you put this pasty-face no-talented anchor beside her and it just doesn't work for me.

All of the anchors here are for the most part pretty good, with the exception of John Beard (KLJB..not that news guy who was in trouble with the law) He is good, but he stumbles a lot on words, and constantly looks down.

I don't like how Mike Mickle (KWQC) talks.

Archived