Fox News launches "right-wing Daily Show"

AutisticPsycho

Critics (or as the right-wing would say "liberal media") thinks it sucks. MetaCritic gave it a rating of 14 of by critics and 3.8 by users.

http://www.metacritic.com/tv/shows/halfhournewshour

A note to FOX: Stick to real news please. Your bias always makes us crack up, at least, us lefties.

Apparently, they also enjoy ranking on gay penguins:

The whole Ed Begley Jr. bit showed just how bad this show is. Sounds like the writers turned their typewriters over to kindergarteners for that bit. The whole Ed Begley is going to be here, but he can't make it, so we are going to make fun of him was such an utter waste.

And the two "anchors" are constantly yelling at the camera... yelling at the camera isn't funny.

The only funny thing on the show was the little bit about Suzanne Sommer's house burning down... I chuckled... and for a brief moment I though okay, this show may have a small chance... but then the whole Obama and the Ed Begley Jr. bits brought the whole show to a grinding halt.

The great thing about The Daily Show is that it isn't held in by a producer's agenda. The Daily Show can use the entire political canvas to paint its barbs on. Everyone's a target and that's what makes the show funny. Guests on The Daily Show have included both left and right wing idealogues.

Can this show be saved? Yes, if Dennis Miller wants to return to his roots and take over this show by hosting and writing it... then it would be something worth considering.

I'm a borderline moderate liberal.

I laughed.

But you can tell the anchors have very little personality to them...it's not like Jon Stewart, who can really make copy his own and mix it with his schtick.

I agree--Dennis Miller solo-anchoring this program would be great. Isn't he still a commentator on Hannity and Colmes or have those times passed?

-T

This show was awful. The canned laughter really was a distraction. Even on shows that are actually funny, the audience doesn't laugh the same way for every single joke.

There was a studio audience, yet I would say 80 percent of the laughter was added during the editing process.

It was okay; but it could use a lot of improvement. Here are my suggestions:

1. I think they should have turned an anchor spot over to Dennis Miller

2. The ACLU bits (my favorite part of the show) sounded like they were written by Paul Shanklin (the guy responsible for the parody songs on Rush). I would turn the writing over to him.

I think Joel Surnow and Manny Coto are quickly realizing that writing good comedy is an entirely different beast than writing a decent dramatic script.

Joel and Manny should stick to coming up with ingenious ways for Jack Bower to torture people and leave the comedy writing to those who know how to get a laugh without beating it out of people with an iron skillet.

Hopefully either one of two things will happen: 1.) This show greatly improves by the next episode (writing, acting, the awful laughtrack gets toned down); 2.) The show gets yanked. I mean if this show doesn't improve, I think this could be FNC's version of SuperTrain.

With that said, I bid everyone a good Wednesday!

matt.

"Fox News said The ½ Hour News Hour — which is produced by Joel Surnow, co-creator of Fox Broadcasting’s popular 24 series — gave the network a 69% increase in viewership and a 94% increase in the 25-54 demo compared with what ran in its time slot previously."

http://www.multichannel.com/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&articleid=CA6418377

"Fox News said The ½ Hour News Hour — which is produced by Joel Surnow, co-creator of Fox Broadcasting’s popular 24 series — gave the network a 69% increase in viewership and a 94% increase in the 25-54 demo compared with what ran in its time slot previously."

http://www.multichannel.com/index.asp?layout=articlePrint&articleid=CA6418377

Bet those type of ratings don't hold. Fox is crap, and if the show stays that way, which I expect it to, then people will being to turn away.

Does anyone have a link to where I could view the pilot? I don't have cable/satellite but would really like to be able to see it. All I've seen are the short previews.

I saw a promo today on FNC that they will be airing an encore this Sunday @ 10.

More semi off-topic Fox bashing.

If you don't like it, don't watch the goddamn channel instead of bitching about it. ::)

It's impossible for someone to make a topic here even REMOTELY related to Fox (News or otherwise) without people making the same snide remarks. It's like listening to a broken record.

We all know they lean to the right, but bitching about them every second here isn't gonna change anything.

There's bitching about FNC and then there's bitching about the bitching about FNC... ohhh I think this is as close as we will ever get in perpetual motion...lol. ;D

matt.

I say they need Ben Stein or Drew Carey. (Both are conservatives). Dennis Miller would work too.

I didn't know Drew Carey was conservative. No wonder his show quietly got moved around and disappeared on ABC.

I didn't know it either, but I was searching for conservative comedians on Google and it made go WHAT!?

He calls himself "conservative libertarian."

And on a completely different note,

It's... supertrain!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived