My own logo for FOX News

newsteam13

From the 1976 movie NETWORK, where anchorman Howard Beale (played by late Peter Finch) urged viewers to get up and yell those words,

I'm Mad as Hell, and I'm Not Gonna take it Anymore.

That catchphrase is the theme of my reporting of stories.

The example is about the economy. It's where everybody is angry about the recession, and how it has impacted the job market and our spending sprees. Without a job, there would be no way of paying rent and bills. Worse, after all the bills are paid, there would be no money leftover for fun (amusement parks, malls and football games), which helps put more money back into the economy. Making us even more angrier, the government is not doing a damn thing about the economy. They won't get off their fat butts, and get the economy back on track.

We are mad as hell - at the government not doing anything about the economy, and suffering through a recession - and we're not gonna take it anymore

Sharing an apartment is one way for us to get the economy back on track
by ourselves
. For a one-bedroom apartment, the main tenant pays one half of the monthly rent, and his or her roommate pays the other half. Take the money they saved, and put it back into the economy (restaurants, malls, sporting events, amusement parks, etc). Do it ourselves, since we can't rely on our government to do so.

This Story Falls Under One of The Four Categories of Hard News

People are tired of hearing fluff and pop culture dribble (Paris Hilton's DUI, latest fashion trends, latest album, etc).

They are mad as hell (at not getting enough hard news, and how it pertains to us)

The four categories of hard news: science, business and economy, education, and legal and law; this apartment sharing piece falls under the
business and economy
category, because it talks about us getting the economy back on track ourselves.

We Should Do More Than Yell I'm Mad as Hell, We Should Raise Some Hell like Bart Simpson, which explains why Bart is added to the logo.

In one scene of Network, Beale ranted about how an international conglomerate is buying an American company (like the Saudi Arabians are buying UBS), and how bad international companies are ruining the American way of life.

Beale urged us to raise hell (like Bart Simpson) by getting out of the house, going down to the Western Union offices, and sending a telegram to the White House; having President Gerald Ford (at that time) stop the merger between UBS and the Saudis.

We would do more than yell those words, we would raise hell at the government, and get the economy on the road to recovery by ourselves.

Moreover, Bart Simpson being added represents FOX News being just as much a part of the network as the entertainment division. This is my answer to network logos accompanying station logos

Altogether for the logo:

There should be more reporting of hard news, even the four categories of hard news (useful for slow news days). Less opinions and pundits, and more Shepard Smith!!!

The network should gear each hard news story towards that Howard Beale line, because we are mad about the problems in the world today,
and we're not gonna let the
negative
get to us anymore
!!!!

Add to those reports ways we can raise hell (like Bart Simpson), not just yell
I'm mad as hell
: people to talk to, action steps to take, just plain blowing the whistle on problems in the world.

1310034531_FOXNewsHowardBealeLogowithBartSimpson2(2).thumb.jpg.f5e502d84bc2bbc44c697ee3f30a1c28.jpg

Archived