Big changes for the mornings at WBNS

ColumbusNewsFan

A newsroom meeting at WBNS today yielded some big changes in the mornings at 10TV. They are taking WCMH (NBC 4) 's cue and moving the start of there weekday morning newscast to 4:30am but wasn't the big news of the meeting.

Chuck Strickler and Anietra Hamper are out as the Weekday morning news team. They have only been together as a team for two years. Strickler goes to Weekend Evenings. Hamper is straight up leaving.

Coming in is Jeff Hogan and Angela An. Hogan was on the weekend evening and An was on Weekend morning.

No word on the the replacement for the weekend morning newscast.

I suspect the changes will happen when CBS changes its team for the Early Show on Jan 4.

• 1 month later...
I'm not a fan of either Jeff or Angela. Seems like a strange move, especially since Chuck Strickler has been a morning mainstay.

Once again, 10TV seems to be on the decline.

Angela An's a real lightweight. She reads ok but when it comes to Q&A she seems lost. Don't know about Jeff; I don't watch BNS that much outside of mornings. The problem with BNS morning news wasn't with Chuck or Anietra; it's with the glossing over of stories in favor of getting more info online or in the Dispatch (as if the only daily in town needs incessant cross-promotion from its TV station). I hope Anietra lands on her feet because she is very, very good.

Archived