WHIO in Dayton to Air HD NewsCasts April 1

tigermichal

from Cincinnati-Dayton Media Center http://cincydaytonmediacenter.blogspot.com/

HD Newscasts Coming Soon

A station insider at WHIO-TV is reporting that the station will begin broadcasting their newscasts in high definition beginning on April 1.

I'm thinking that WHIO may get a variation of WSB's HD graphics since that is the flagship of Cox and there current graphics are sorta based on the old WSB look

Wow, so this would be the first station outside of Cleveland, to go to high-definition in Ohio? What is the status of the stations in Cincinnati and Columbus in term of going HD. I heard WBNS is planning to go HD soon. Any others?

I believe WBNS already broadcasts in HD.

Wow, so this would be the first station outside of Cleveland, to go to high-definition in Ohio? What is the status of the stations in Cincinnati and Columbus in term of going HD. I heard WBNS is planning to go HD soon. Any others?

I believe WBNS already broadcasts in HD.

They are on the same timeline as WHIO, expect them to be HD before May sweeps.

Interesting that Cox has decided to upgrade WHIO to high definition before KIRO, which is in a market that already has two stations broadcasting in 16:9 (KING is HD in the studio, KOMO is in standard-definition 16:9).

I agree with the other posters; you probably will see the same variation of Giant Octopus graphics seen on WFTV and WSB at WHIO.

Interesting that Cox has decided to upgrade WHIO to high definition before KIRO, which is in a market that already has two stations broadcasting in 16:9 (KING is HD in the studio, KOMO is in standard-definition 16:9).

I agree with the other posters; you probably will see the same variation of Giant Octopus graphics seen on WFTV and WSB at WHIO.

I'm pretty sure KOMO is in HD, they did it long before anyone else though, so they may be working with "older" technology

I'm pretty sure KOMO is in HD, they did it long before anyone else though, so they may be working with "older" technology

Actually, I recently found out they're not in HD. They have HD cameras, but their switcher isn't capable of handling the high definition signal so they broadcast in standard definition 16:9. Check this screencap: http://www.feldoncentral.com/hdtv/KOMO/index.php?action=image&filename=komo.jpg

from Cincinnati-Dayton Media Center http://cincydaytonmediacenter.blogspot.com/

HD Newscasts Coming Soon

A station insider at WHIO-TV is reporting that the station will begin broadcasting their newscasts in high definition beginning on April 1.

I'm thinking that WHIO may get a variation of WSB's HD graphics since that is the flagship of Cox and there current graphics are sorta based on the old WSB look

Hah--what if its just a big April Fools Joke?;D Just kidding.

• 1 month later...

Archived