WGN Modified Graphics?

Guest NewsHound

Guest NewsHound

Passed by WGN America this evening, and WGN News at 9 was on, and I noticed the bug and lower 3rds have been changed, gone is the light blue and most of the purple, its now dark blue. I don't know how long they've been like this, anyone else notice or know when this happened? Honestly they are too dark in my opinion, although I'm glad they removed the giant HD tag from the bug.

EDIT: Just noticed during the studio/weather center split screen that the graphics background that used to be a greyish/white line gradient is now black and dark blue. Most of the segment opens have also changed to be much darker. Overall, I don't like this. The graphics are just too dark now.

Maybe it's the contrast on my tv, but it didn't seem very dark...and you'd think if they were going to modify the graphics that they'd do it all, talent rejoin, teaser, etc. By the way, it wasn't like that on the morning news.

Guest NewsHound
Maybe it's the contrast on my tv, but it didn't seem very dark...and you'd think if they were going to modify the graphics that they'd do it all, talent rejoin, teaser, etc. By the way, it wasn't like that on the morning news.

It wasn't the contrast, I definitely checked that. It was like a totally different package, heavily modified, a lot darker. I mean you could seriously tell it wasn't the same as like this for instance:

[YT]242cqYoX8Mg[/YT]

They indeed are phasing in some new graphics.. the colors are definitely darker/bolder. There's a new font too. All the little lines are gone in the new stuff and they seem to be going for a more simplified and solid look. However, the graphics appear to be keeping the same main shapes as the old.

These are also different than the changes I originally heard about happening last year..

Archived