The second coming of Weigel at WLS?

24994J

Rafer Weigel, 41, of HLN's Morning Express, has been hired as the new weekend sports anchor at WLS-TV. He will replace Ryan Chiaverini, who departs weekends in May to host the post-Oprah "Windy City Live".

His father, Tim Weigel, served as the station's sports director for most of his run at Channel 7 between 1977 and 1994. He died from a brain tumor in 2001 at age 56. He was with WBBM-TV at the time of his death.

Full Article: http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/1475-wls-tv-names-rafer-weigel-as-weekend-sports-anchorreporter

Rafer Weigel, 41, of HLN's Morning Express, has been hired as the new weekend sports anchor at WLS-TV, effective March 21st. He will replace Ryan Chiaverini, who departs weekends to host the post-Oprah "Windy City Live".

His father, Tim Weigel, served as the station's sports director for most of his run at Channel 7 between 1977 and 1994. He died from a brain tumor in 2001 at age 56. He was with WBBM-TV at the time of his death.

Interesting, I never knew Tim's son worked as a sports anchor as well. I haven't watched HLN in years, so I've never seen him on the air. Is he going to be the "fourth wheel" in the Sports department until May? (doing mainly reports/filling in at the desk)

Is he going to be the "fourth wheel" in the Sports department until May? (doing mainly reports/filling in at the desk)

Actually, Chiaverini is going to be off the air after the 21st of March. Windy City Live is probably going into production mode (promos, test shows, etc) and it will be neccessary for Ryan to be there.

So they have pretty boy Ryan who has no personality and Valerie the traffic girl from WGN Morning News also with no personality to replace Oprah. Oh yeah that's what Oprah viewers want, two pretty, vacant blank faces.

I hope both of them can get their jobs back when this BOMBS

Archived