WCAU Finally Gets an 11PM Open

WCAUTVNBC10

So, when will WCAU decide to get a high-quality picture of Philadelphia, rather than the awful one from their skycam?

1. probably sometime in 2018 when they become the last philly news op to go hd after "philly's ionews"

I think this open is just a mere place holder til they go hd (and sam I heard that it'll be sooner rather than later).

1. are they updating the gfx at that point? b/c the current arthouse would look pretty ishy in hd, imho.

I think this open is just a mere place holder til they go hd (and sam I heard that it'll be sooner rather than later).

1. are they updating the gfx at that point? b/c the current arthouse would look pretty ishy in hd, imho.

They would have to since this packageisn't HD compliant.

1. so i assume you mean everything but l3s and ots are non-compliant, right?

2. otherwise, i guess they're just going to go with the quick fix rather than something that actually makes them look better in hd

No. They could not use this package at all for an HD broadcast. They would most likely adopt the WNBC HD package.

1. so i assume you mean everything but l3s and ots are non-compliant, right?

2. otherwise, i guess they're just going to go with the quick fix rather than something that actually makes them look better in hd

No. They could not use this package at all for an HD broadcast. They would most likely adopt the WNBC HD package.

The quick fix looks ok. Nothing overwhelming and the v/o is a rip-off.

I hope they do something original when they go HD. I'm getting tired of seeing copycatting. They have the talent and know how to blow everyone away lookwise. I hope it's good when they roll out the whole new look.

Archived