Chris Burrous leaves PIX11

TellyGenic

Get the change of address cards ready!

Chris Burrous left WPIX after yesterday’s PIX 11 Morning News. He is grabbing an anchor gig at Tribune-owned KTLA in Los Angeles.

News director Bill Carey hired Burrous last June as part of the morning show overhaul at Channel 11. Burrous heads back to the West Coast after previously working in Sacramento.

The Daily News reports Burrous will be the solo anchor of a new weekend morning show at KTLA.

On yesterday’s PIX 11 Morning News, Burrous thanked the viewers for “being so kind to me and my family.”

As a temporary replacement, Channel 11 will use a rotation of anchors to fill his slot on the PIX 11 Morning News alongside Sukanya Krishnan.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/chris-burrous-leaves-wpix-for-anchor-position-in-los-angeles_b31059#

My question is: why don't they just let John Mueller have his old job back???

Chris Burrous left WPIX after yesterday’s PIX 11 Morning News. He is grabbing an anchor gig at Tribune-owned KTLA in Los Angeles.

News director Bill Carey hired Burrous last June as part of the morning show overhaul at Channel 11. Burrous heads back to the West Coast after previously working in Sacramento.

The Daily News reports Burrous will be the solo anchor of a new weekend morning show at KTLA.

On yesterday’s PIX 11 Morning News, Burrous thanked the viewers for “being so kind to me and my family.”

As a temporary replacement, Channel 11 will use a rotation of anchors to fill his slot on the PIX 11 Morning News alongside Sukanya Krishnan.

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlny/chris-burrous-leaves-wpix-for-anchor-position-in-los-angeles_b31059#

They should give the position to Jim Watkins and let Kaity anchor on the weekends.

Craig Treadway and Lisa Mateo anchored 4-6 and Howard Thompson and Tamsen Fadal are on now.. The best decision would be to put John and Suki back together for the 6-9!but knowing PIX Jill Nicolini will probably get the anchor job.

Giving Mueller his old job back would be the right thing to do. So Carey won't do that.

I guess Jim Watkins will see some more action in the AM.

Watkins is to stiff for the morning...it'll never work.. Especially at PIX

Agreed.

I would love for Jim to have a full-time gig again, but he's much better at hard news--not morning chatter.

Although, the same was said for Greg Kelly.

Craig Treadway and Lisa Mateo anchored 4-6 and Howard Thompson and Tamsen Fadal are on now.. The best decision would be to put John and Suki back together for the 6-9!but knowing PIX Jill Nicolini will probably get the anchor job.

Treadway and Mateo were OK together, but Thompson was out of his element. Lol if Jill gets the anchor spot wouldn't that be a hell of a promotion, Traffic to Anchor has that been done before.

Ex CNN, MSNBC and Fox News channel anchor Laurie Dhue is anhoring the PIX 11 Morning News this morning. They could do far worse than to hire her on a permanent basis, maybe even to replace Jodi on the News At Ten.

Agreed.

I would love for Jim to have a full-time gig again, but he's much better at hard news--not morning chatter.

Although, the same was said for Greg Kelly.

Greg Kelly is still no good at morning chatter. Which is why he is one of the favorite (if easy) targets of THE SOUP every week.

It's nice to see that someone wants Laurie Dhue. She's a class act.

But why did original press release show that Chris would solo?

I'm not suprised he left 11 because he never seem to fit in there.

Suprised he went to a lower profile slot though.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived