Fox Chicago modified graphics

24994J

Beginning with GDC, WFLD has changed their graphics; they redesigned the ticker, moved the time/temp to the right side of the screen, and pushed the bug into the safe zone (now including the rotation of Chicago and HD).

They have been showing all broadcasts in 16:9 letterbox for the last few months, and are now taking the next logical step. The updated look screams FOX News, more than ever before. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the changes made look alot like what has been done on WTXF in Philly?

Beginning with GDC, WFLD has changed their graphics; they redesigned the ticker, moved the time/temp to the right side of the screen, and pushed the bug into the safe zone (now including the rotation of Chicago and HD).

They have been showing all broadcasts in 16:9 letterbox for the last few months, and are now taking the next logical step. The updated look screams FOX News, more than ever before. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but the changes made look alot like what has been done on WTXF in Philly?

That's exactly what's been done here.

WFLD has also been using some new rejoiner video on the 9PM newscast of various shots or scenes from street level around Chicago. It's not a bad idea but the video quality is just horrible.

The station really needs to choose better cuts from the FOX O&O music package to use.. It's really a good sized package with lots of good cuts to use but all the cuts they're using now are so depressing sounding. Kinda sounds like funeral music. They're not using any actually main theme cuts anymore or any of the strong guitar/brass cuts from the first couple CD's. They actually were still using good cuts on the Noon newscast only until very recently when they were also changed over to the depressing violin/strings/piano cuts from the package update..

Are those really the cuts the ND and/or producers want or is it just the audio guy kind of giving us a sign of the state of the newscasts?

WFLD has also been using some new rejoiner video on the 9PM newscast of various shots or scenes from street level around Chicago. It's not a bad idea but the video quality is just horrible.

The station really needs to choose better cuts from the FOX O&O music package to use.. It's really a good sized package with lots of good cuts to use but all the cuts they're using now are so depressing sounding. Kinda sounds like funeral music. They're not using any actually main theme cuts anymore or any of the strong guitar/brass cuts from the first couple CD's. They actually were still using good cuts on the Noon newscast only until very recently when they were also changed over to the depressing violin/strings/piano cuts from the package update..

Are those really the cuts the ND and/or producers want or is it just the audio guy kind of giving us a sign of the state of the newscasts?

I actually like the "funeral music"...but only on the 9pm news. It does suit the Bob Sirott/Chicago Tonight "atmosphere" quite well (not that I'm a fan of the format)!

Archived