ABC 7 News Touchscreen

24994J

I was watching the news on WLS this morning and Roz Varon was doing traffic at a touchscreen in the interview area, where there was a regular monitor last I knew. Outside of the networks, I only knew of WPVI having the "Action News Big Board". I was wondering how long they have had it?

While ABC7's seems to be smaller than 6ABC's, I'm sure it cost a very pretty penny to purchase. How much would something like that go for, anyway? It's probably about 40-42 inches, or so.

I also find it really surprising that they have not been jamming it down our throats, in true ABC7 fashion! :)

Towards the end in their old studio before they moved downstairs to their street side studio, they had the interactive/touch green screen where the meteorologists could make things appear, slide things around, or whatever by just touching the green screen itself.

It did cost them somewhat of a pretty penny.. However, something they didn't think about until the studio design was finalized and construction was already going on that they couldn't use their new interactive green screen in the new studio. Space, design, and lighting constraints made them have to use a retractable roll up green screen in there and the interactive screen is an actual hard wall with sensors on it.

I don't know what they did with that thing whether they kept it, sold it, shipped it off to another O&O, or what..

Archived