WFLD news director out?

cbs2worksforyou

One more to go..

No comment on Fowler.. Seriously, I can't. But I now understand why it took so long..

I sure hope whoever comes in next can repair the station. I have a really bad feeling that the place is in almost damaged beyond repair condition. Credibility there has been lost for the most part. Repair will take A LOT more time than it took to sink the ship. I think one thing that may work but I don't think it would work until one more person is replaced.. Eventhough it sounds corny/cheesy, I think they should just run promos like crazy saying the place is under new management. Even put a big banner on the studio backdrop behind the anchors saying "UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT" just like restaurants/stores do. It may catch some attention.

Bringing back some familiar faces may help them too if they are willing to come back.. I can guarantee there are contracts right now that won't be renewed. All I have to say is HAH! to the one person who got greedy and jumped from his secured position of 30 years for just a few more dollars a year because his old station is doing just fine without him. Reminds me too much of one other anchor who left her secured place at Chicago's #1 news for a few more dollars a year. Greed bites, doesn't it?

If it is Kingley Smith to join WFLD as ND, I'm sure he'd have a few words of his own to Renda (which I can't mention here) eventhough Renda is boss.. lol. I'm still baffled to how Renda could let a ND have so much control/power in decision making especially when it involved so much money..

One thing to note.. I still can't understand why Feder is so stuck on the station dumping David Viggiano. Not so much this blog/article but in blogs/articles he's done in the past. I couldn't stand the guy. I don't think many others there could either. He was the 1 good axe I think "Fowler & Friends" made..

If all of this is true...Renda has to go also. Until that happens, no matter who they hire as ND, nothing is going to change. WFLD is at the point where they need to start over at the management level and work their way down.

Both Renda and Fowler are tied together (meaning...if one goes, so should the other). Both have played an equal part in the total and complete destruction of the station. While he may have had blind faith in her and her decisions/choices, the fact that he stood by while the station flew into the toilet is a clear testament of his mindset/leadership (or lack there of).

If all of this is true...Renda has to go also. Until that happens, no matter who they hire as ND, nothing is going to change. WFLD is at the point where they need to start over at the management level and work their way down.

Both Renda and Fowler are tied together (meaning...if one goes, so should the other). Both have played an equal part in the total and complete destruction of the station. While he may have had blind faith in her and her decisions/choices, the fact that he stood by while the station flew into the toilet is a clear testament of his mindset/leadership (or lack there of).

Agreed. The package deal has to go.

I'm 99% sure she's out. It's just one of those nobody said anything to Fowler herself yet but plans up above already in place to replace her have been leaked.

It's pretty much the same situation the station had when Chief Meteorologist Rick DiMiao was given the boot for Amy Freeze a few years ago. Nobody told him anything about his contract not being renewed but he read an article (either Feder, NewsBlues, or something out from Philly) saying that Amy Freeze was leaving WCAU Philly to be Chief Meteorologist at WFLD. Rick approached management who then just fired him right on the spot when he asked them about it. I don't even think he was given a final night.

Ummm.. That's the Robert Feder article we're all here have been talking about. If you know the history with FOX/WFLD about these things you'd know NOT to believe what they say because they have lied about these things in the past.

Archived