CNN HN gets a graphic update

abric

Today, CNN headline News got an upgrade to their graphics today. The HLN logo got a shiner embedded look and the lower thirds are embossed at the top. I think it is a much needed update. Better than what CNN has now. What do you think?

Guest Junk Junk

Actually, the graphics were updated last Monday (3/5/07) during Richelle Carey's shift (3-6am est) - but that's beside the point...

I liked the previous lower thirds better. They were much less intrusive than the new ones. Everything else look fine.

Guest Junk Junk

Junk Junk, how's Richelle Carey doing at CNN-HN?

We miss her in St. Louis.

She seems to be holding her own. I hate that she's relegated to overnights, though. I really enjoyed watching her when she filled in on the late morning/early afternoon shift.

In all respects, the new graphics seem a little overly bold but I was kind of glad to see a default look on the network again, compared to the eh-quality of the past general setup, with the LARGE font in front of a black fade. The one item to note, the "Breaking News"/"Developing Story" setup is alot better now than it used to be with the EXTRA LARGE font with the weird curve that looked cheap, ugly, and kind of thrown together by a really really bad local news station or something.

In all respects, the new graphics seem a little overly bold but I was kind of glad to see a default look on the network again, compared to the eh-quality of the past general setup, with the LARGE font in front of a black fade. The one item to note, the "Breaking News"/"Developing Story" setup is alot better now than it used to be with the EXTRA LARGE font with the weird curve that looked cheap, ugly, and kind of thrown together by a really really bad local news station or something.

I agree.

Archived