New ABC7 set

SevenHD

I am excited to hear that WABC will be getting a bigger new set next fall. My question is why did they even build the set they are using now. When they are usingit for 2 and a half years. Was the old set that Bad? I froget.

Can someone post some pictures of their current set in HD and the one used from 1996-2005?

I just want to know why they are getting a new set when they just got one. I'm really not that impressed with their current set. If they had the New York skyline instead of the blue it would be a bit better. Its not much different then their previous set. Because you don't always see the New York skyline.

Some pictures of both sets please.

Believe it or not the current set is about 100x better than the old set.

They are getting a new set because of the extra space they will have when "Live with Regis & Kelly" movies into a new studio down the block.

... into the old Tony Danza / 90's GMA studio.

Will their new set still use parts of their current set and just build on? Or just create a whole new set. Their news desk is ok,but if they had the skyline behind the whole part of the desk like WNBC it would be much better. I don't even think it has the Empire state building.

Believe it or not the current set is about 100x better than the old set.

They are getting a new set because of the extra space they will have when "Live with Regis & Kelly" movies into a new studio down the block.

... into the old Tony Danza / 90's GMA studio.

Actually, the old GMA studio is the current home of Millionaire. Tony Danza's old studio is located BEHIND the Millionaire set in the same building. The Rachel Ray Show now uses the studio for her tapings. If nynewsguy is correct about the "Live with Regis & Kelly" set moving to down the block, then the current Rachel Ray set will move to a new location outside of ABC Studios.

You are wrong. The Rachel Ray show is taped at 222 E. 44th St. in New York City, between 2nd and 3rd Avenues.

I got this from the show's site: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=audience-tickets.

I remember Tony Danza mentioning his set was the old GMA set when he had Charlie Gibson on his show. Charlie joked that he liked what he had done with the place.

I was just wondering are the Primetime and 20/20 studios taped in the same studio as World News with Charles Gibson?

Everyone knows that Good Morning America and Nightline are tapped in the Times Square studios.

I was just wondering are the Primetime and 20/20 studios taped in the same studio as World News with Charles Gibson?

Everyone knows that Good Morning America and Nightline are tapped in the Times Square studios.

Yes, "Primetime" and "20/20" are taped in the same studio (TV3) as "World News with Charles Gibson". The news magazines used to tape at the Times Square studios, but moved back to ABC Headquarters about three or four years ago.

Nightline tapped in Times Square is awesome. I think that is why 20/20 moved.

"20/20" moved back before Ted Koppel even announced he would leave "Nightline" and ABC decided to move the show to New York.

"Nightline" is no longer broadcast from Times Square. It, too, has moved to TV3, the same studio as "World News with Charles Gibson". The only ABC News program that broadcasts from Times Square is "Good Morning America".

Archived