Lonnie Quinn's weather!

qwertywcbs

I'm not part of the WCBS crew, but since CBS seems to stand for the cheap broadcasting service, it's unlikely that they would take the sat truck to long island, it's just not cost effective, especially when they are already blowing the budget to pay off the contracts of all the anchors who are sitting at home getting paid.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody up early enough to see their newest weather hire? Elise Finch did the weekend mornings.

I definitely think John is on his way out. Hiw contract window is this Decemeber. You watch what's happening and figure they are not going to pick up his option.

I hope John finds something in NYC or Phila and leaves first so he can slam the door in their face rather than the other way around.

I find John Elliot to be silly, but it is silliness under a mantle of intelligence and it is on the morning show which has a looser format. Lonnie however is just insulting to viewers' intelligence...like he is the weatherman on Romper Room.

Good. I hate to be mean, but I watched Liz last night and she really is not that good. I personally think the weather department in its entirety is their weakest link. I pretty much find Lonnie unwatchable.

• 2 weeks later...

Today was the first day I got to really watch Lonnie. Im sorry to say that he is no more than a face. He seems very unsure of himself. During the entire weather report he was focused on the side monitor so as not to screw up. Unfortunatly, he needs more practice. If you notice the seasoned vets in all of the different weather departments, they know how to transition between looking at the side monitor and the camera. I don't want to knock him, nor see him out of a job, but like sports teams or musicians... he needs practice. John Elliott, the poor guy, makes a fool out of himself. I read somewhere that his deal got old in California and at MSNBC.. i wonder why!

• 1 month later...

OK, is it just me or is Lonnie's hair getting darker?

061807Lonnie04.jpg

Think they are trying to De-Samify him?

I think it's more that he's no longer able to avail himself of the outdoor sun, like he did when he worked in Miami. Wait until the shank of the summer, he might return to his former goldilocks. And if not, he can always do what John Mueller does - get those blonde highlights!

• 2 weeks later...

It does seem Lonnie is quite the "personality"... which is what NYC really wants, right? He's about as bad at doing serious weather as that kid who does feature stuff outside on ch. 7. Usually on sunday. Jeff Smith -- could he be any more uncomfortable interviewing people and 'pretending' to have fun outside? People person??? I think not. He seems to know about weather, but give the poor kid a break....and spare viewers the pain when they wake up to those painful liveshots!!

Archived