Lonnie Quinn's weather!

qwertywcbs

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Our world is changing here at CBS 2 and we would like to welcome Lonnie Quinn here" announces Dana Tyler before weather.

Looks like we have a new 6 and 11pm meteorologist!

Seems to be channeling a Bill Evans like tone. He seems serious and not that much a "goofball" as John Elliott, and even as John Bolaris has been.

"You heard my friend John Bolaris telling you it's going to get mess tonight and tomorrow" Lonnie said during weather... friend.

Yup. Seems John only does 5pm. Did he do the 12pm newscast? I find it funny how he said, "My friend, John....." I bet John thinks otherwise.

John Elliot did the weather at noon. I guess Bolaris will eventually end up on weekends since they need a meteorologist.

John Elliot did the weather at noon. I guess Bolaris will eventually end up on weekends since they need a meteorologist.

I think John B. is too good for only weekends, but yea, they do need a meterologist for the weekends.

WCBS is not efficient. Wasting money will all these hirings and firings. They have the potential to be the best, but it seems like they choose not to be.

Well in this day of new weather systems, sets, graphics, and music, why not through in the newest talent?

i don't want to be annoying or anything but it's a pet peeve of mine to see things used/spelled wrong. It's throw, not through. I mean c'mon that's not even close, it's really off.

Well in this day of new weather systems, sets, graphics, and music, why not through in the newest talent?

i don't want to be annoying or anything but it's a pet peeve of mine to see things used/spelled wrong. It's throw, not through. I mean c'mon that's not even close, it's really off.

Wow, I'm sorry. I must have been really tired and I missed that. Usually I'm pretty good with spelling and using the words the right way. They always say you think faster than you write/type....

Yeah, I meant "throw".

and I agree with you, he does not seem to be that bad. I don't know if he'll loosen up when he feels more comfortable or what, but so far he's done a good job. But I feel my idea about tagging up the weather anchor with the anchor teams now is a good idea. John could use more air time, and why not put him on at noon with Chris? Get rid of Elliott in that time period. I'm going to feel bad when John has to fill in for Lonnie.

And, at the end of the 11 o'clock news, Lonnie did a Bolaris wave!

Lonnie Quinn is not bad at all. He is a good and refreshing addition to CBS2. He is sure better than that goof ball John Elliot. I hope John Bolaris will eventually do the weather at noon.

yes indeed, very refreshing. I guess in WCBS' defense, things do need to be changed from time to time to make it more appealing to the viewers.

Guest wxman2106

The man's Presentation is far from good. Sorry, agreed that wcbs needs something fresh but bolaris really does have a great presentation. Whether it's the nerves against him on his first day in market 1 ..im still a bit nervous.

Lonnie was not a meteorologist when he worked at WTVJ in Miami, however, online at http://wcbstv.com/video/[email protected] it says that he is a "CBS 2 Meteorologist, so he may have been certified between the time he left TVJ and now, but the super did not have the AMS seal. In any cast, I like him, I thought he was good in Miami and he's good now. I have hope that he will do good things here, dress code aside.

It is definitely a mistake to demote Bolaris. His delivery is great and there's no question he should be the chief meteorologist. I cannot understand why nobody ever has to work their way up the ladder, especially at this station. Lonnie has the potential to be good but he definitely should've been the weekend guy until he paid his dues.

I stand corrected from an earlier post. Tonight Dana referred to Lonnie at 11:06 for the weather headlines as "CBS 2 weatherman Lonnie Quinn." I guess he's not a meteorologist, just another face.

I am not sure he is a met. The only education I could find on him was a certificate in met. (that means he read a pamphlet on the way to NBC6 in Miami, took a test and passed) As far as a degree in met from a college, have not found any evidence. In either case he is still a boob more interested in his make-up and jumping around on a stage than delivering content.

He seemed like he talked really fast, jumped and pointed an awful lot.

One thing he kept saying and I couldn't understand: Sunday's storm could be the worst of the winter?? It's spring! I don't know if he meant worst than anything we've seen this winter, but then again he wasn't here for our winter??

I love Bolaris, and as long as he's still there in some capacity...I guess that's better than Roz's fate of not appearing at all.

Bolaris is NYC's best meteorologist. His style is the best in the city.

Say what you want about him...partied in Philly, the girlfriend, the kid, etc. He was born and raised in the market, rarely takes a day off, loves WCBS (he buried his father in a WCBS t-shirt) and has a passion for his job. He even changed his routine a little and doesn't go casual anymore.

Reminds me of Fox 5, Nick Gregory and that other guy who name escapes me right now. Nick was wrongfully demoted, stuck it out and is now back on top. Hope the same thing happens for Bolaris.

I would move John Bolaris to weekday mornings and Noon. Use Lonnie at 5,6, and 11 Weekedays. Move John Elliott to Weekend Mornings and have Liz Carrothers on Weekend Evenings.

Pleeeze..you've gotta be kidding me!

1. I respect that JB is a New York kid but sorry, I've never found his delivery or his message nearly as smooth and listenable as Lee Goldberg, Janice Huff, Nick, Cimino, etc etc. Always found him a little stiff and cold.

2. Keep Liz Carothers on weekends? Pleeeze, again...she's a breathless puffball whose weather knowledge you could fit on a pinhead (you should'a seen her at TNH in New Haven...doesn't know basic weather..we viewers know it..)

3. Lonnie Quinn's a prettyface. That's fine, whatever..but now, why can't they for once hire someone who's from the NYC area, attractive, AND a knowledgable metorologist with a smooth style?? Is the talent pool really THAT thin out there??

Reminds me of Fox 5, Nick Gregory and that other guy who name escapes me right now. Nick was wrongfully demoted, stuck it out and is now back on top. Hope the same thing happens for Bolaris.

Jim Castillo, who was not only a qualified meteorologist but smoking HOT!!!!!!

Archived