Bill Ritter on the Passing of WABC Art Director Karl Hassenfratz

IceManNYR

Very touching, again, unexpected. :'( .

This month has been an overall "unexpected" and a month of "sudden" mishaps. From the floods in New Jersey, to the 32 lives lost at Virginia Tech and to the various news personalities who have been dying as of late.

Again, my heart and condolences go out to everyone, including these two new sudden passings that Bill Ritter has mentioned, who has been effected and afflicted with tragedy this month, including those at Virginia Tech.

-Vlad

I'm so glad that this was posted...Karl has been a friend of mine for over 15 years...he and his brother Ed (Art Director, WPXI) are two of the finest gentlemen you will ever meet. The world will be more empty without Karl, he was one of those people who went out of their way to help others...always. He was a teacher, a leader, and an inspiration to any and all who met him. They broke the mold after they made him...I will truly miss Karl.

I'm so glad that this was posted...Karl has been a friend of mine for over 15 years...he and his brother Ed (Art Director, WPXI) are two of the finest gentlemen you will ever meet. The world will be more empty without Karl, he was one of those people who went out of their way to help others...always. He was a teacher, a leader, and an inspiration to any and all who met him. They broke the mold after they made him...I will truly miss Karl.

I'm sure many will.... :-\

Archived