20/20 studios

bmasters1

One thing I noticed about that open and close of "20/20" from 3/8/91: the studio seemed to be a revamped version of the one we usually associate with Hugh and Barbara. What I mean by that is that, in the original version, the ABCNEWS logo and "20/20" title would both be on top, and the monitor backdrop in the middle. In this one, the ABCNEWS logo is on top, and the "20/20" title is against the monitor backdrop. Did any of you notice the difference?

By the way, something I'd like to know: what was the purpose of the backdrop of TV monitors (something that, as far as I know, only existed w/Hugh and Barbara, and Hugh Downs alone before that)?

Included is a composite picture to explain the question.

2020studiodifferences.jpg.c359f102bb918cd73a5ce6040841f995.jpg

• 2 months later...

The problem with this thread is that the original poster didn't really so much pose a question as he did make an observation. There's no telling why ABC made the changes they made to the set. Somebody probably looked at it and said "wouldn't it be cool if we..." and they did it.

Archived