WDJT going HD by this fall

trev57

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like this could actually happen sometime soon. A new HD bug and sports ticker was in use tonight.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Here in Providence, WPRI had all of that and HD promos for almost 2 years before they made the in studio switch.

Can the league/sport section be any larger?

If anyone can do it, WDJT can.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything. Here in Providence, WPRI had all of that and HD promos for almost 2 years before they made the in studio switch.

Well, one can hope, right? :)

• 4 weeks later...

WDJT's automation just had a complete meltdown at 5pm. Odd graphics appeared on screen, they skipped through about five packages, the open rolled randomly, and Stephanie Brown was caught on camera saying "I totally don't know what's going on."

Uh oh.

WDJT's automation just had a complete meltdown at 5pm. Odd graphics appeared on screen, they skipped through about five packages, the open rolled randomly, and Stephanie Brown was caught on camera saying "I totally don't know what's going on."

Uh oh.

Going off some rumors that have been circulating that January 7th is/was their launch date, I figured I'd tune in tonight to see if anything was obviously ready for HD. Unfortunately, I was watching in a program that didn't have time shifting and couldn't record the disaster. The package rolled for about a second before it stopped then suddenly jumped through several cued packages before going back to the live shot where Stephanie stood confused and looking off camera for a minute, at which point they got the anchor's mics on, who also seemed to have no idea what to do ("We're having technical difficulties. We'll get your package ready in just a moment, could you just describe what happened?").

But I did get this.

CVF0yl.jpg

This does not look like it'll be in HD by tomorrow.

Archived