New NBC 4 Promo/Topical Graphics

rah6448

Recently, KNBC unveiled a new graphics package for their promos and topicals, consisting of a simple layout, yet with glossy smooth qualities. The graphics have a blue, gold, and white color motif, and they can be seen on another potentially recent creation, a YouTube channel dedicated to the works of NBC 4's creative department (most likely due the department seeing new growth-NBC's new local management strategy). The channel with all of the promos/topicals can be seen here:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?nomobile=1&user=NBC4Creative

What do you guys think?

Wow, those look nice! Very much a departure from what the O&Os have been using, lots more of what ABC would use.

And I know I might be in the minority here, but I kinda like the name "NBC 4 News". Rolls off the tongue.

• 2 weeks later...

I see the KNBC logo was even modified a bit, kinda squeezing the 4 (now in blue) and the peacock in a bit.

Noticed during Fritz's Holiday Lights that the signs given to homeowners featured on the segment also include the new blue logo.

Guest Former Member 207

Noticed during Fritz's Holiday Lights that the signs given to homeowners featured on the segment also include the new blue logo.

Yeah, I saw it as well...they probably won't start officially using the logo until New Year's or the move to Universal City (whichever happens first).

Yeah, I saw it as well...they probably won't start officially using the logo until New Year's or the move to Universal City (whichever happens first).

I doubt the Universal move will happen by the new year. I was on the Universal lot two weeks ago and walked by the old Conan studio. It was still fairly empty inside--without much of the build-out completed.

According to this article NBC4 is not moving until mid 2012

http://articles.burbankleader.com/2010-09-24/news/tn-blr-comics-20100924_1_dc-entertainment-nbc-studios-nbc-universal/2

Cindy Gardner, a spokeswoman for NBC Universal, confirmed that the entire L.A. news bureau for NBC, as well as KNBC, will move to Universal City by mid-2012....

According to this article NBC4 is not moving until mid 2012

http://articles.burb...nbc-universal/2

Cindy Gardner, a spokeswoman for NBC Universal, confirmed that the entire L.A. news bureau for NBC, as well as KNBC, will move to Universal City by mid-2012....

That was written well over a year ago. Also it says "by mid-2012" and that does usually mean sooner rather than later.

That was written well over a year ago. Also it says "by mid-2012" and that does usually mean sooner rather than later.

I know it was written over a year ago. Just adding to "troe's" point that I don't think they are going to move by the beginning of the year. My guess it will be by spring. Never cared for the FX Set they currently have. The #2 Market NBC O&O deserves something bigger and more modern.

• 2 weeks later...

In the meanwhile, I'm following Carl Bell on Twitter, and he has this image of a brand new body wrap for the vans....looks a MILLION times better than the tiny block logo idea that was going before!

Here it is: image.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

NBC4 has been using the newsroom set this evening (Tues. 1/3). Any idea why?

It seems like they wouldn't/shouldn't be working on the current set considering they're moving to Universal City later this year.

Just a wild guess, maybe they are just doing a minor set tweak to replace the old logo with the new logo.

BTW, California Nonstop is broadcasting from the master operations satellite center ( or whatever they call it.) this evening. I wonder why they didn't broadcast that show from the newsroom.

californianonstop.th.jpg

Another hint is they changed to the new logo on their Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/NBCLA

Guest Former Member 207

For those who are more familiar with the plans...What exactly does this mean?

http://www.mediabist...4726#more-34726

They were originally planning to building the new NBC LA facility on top of (or adjacent to) the Metro Red Line subway station across the street from the main entrance of Universal Studios Hollywood. Instead, NBCUniversal will instead convert one of the soundstages at Universal (Stage 1) into a studio/office facility for KNBC, KVEA, and NBC News' Los Angeles bureau. Access Hollywood is also suppose to make the move as well, and they'll likely use one of the other Universal soundstages for production and news gathering.

It's somewhat similar to what happened with KCBS and KCAL nearly five years ago...they used existing space on the CBS Studio Center lot to build a broadcast facility for both stations.

Just a wild guess, maybe they are just doing a minor set tweak to replace the old logo with the new logo.

BTW, California Nonstop is broadcasting from the master operations satellite center ( or whatever they call it.) this evening. I wonder why they didn't broadcast that show from the newsroom.

californianonstop.th.jpg

Another hint is they changed to the new logo on their Facebook page. http://www.facebook.com/NBCLA

Over at SoCal Media Watch, a user posted this comment:

"On the subject of KNBC, if you're wondering why their news broadcasts look a little odd, the painters are in their regular studio for the next couple of weeks."

• 3 weeks later...

Archived