Kathy Brock anchors Christmas Morning

former newsboy

Forget the fact that it's Sunday at 6AM, it's Christmas. So who was filling-in solo at the anchor desk for Stacey Baca and Ben Bradley? None other than top anchor Kathy Brock. This time of year stations are usually digging deep in their rosters, scrambling to front shows nobody's watching. So what a nice surprise it was to see the veteran ABC 7 anchor taking one for the team.

I think it's based on an idea WABC has been using since 9/11 - Bill Ritter is part of their Christmas morning newscast. And I think there they structure those newscasts around viewer e-mails and contributions. I'd like to get a chance to see that sometime.

Who did WPVI have anchoring this morning? Uhhhh, nobody - because they just didn't put a newscast on to begin with. But we did see Alan Krachesky and Hosea Sanders - because they reran WLS' Magnificent Mile Lights Parade. (I don't think we're gonna see anything until 11, after How the Grinch Stole Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.)

(I don't think we're gonna see anything until 11, after How the Grinch Stole Christmas and How the Grinch Stole Christmas.)

I'm pretty sure the affiliates have the option of doing an update during halftime of the 2nd NBA game (Bulls/Lakers)...I know WLS does.

Frankly, I found it great seeing Kathy doing the morning show, it's something she hasn't done since like 1993! I just wonder if they'll bring in Ron Magers to anchor tonight (he almost always works on Christmas).

Archived