GMA is # 1

Daybreak

Good Morning America finally did it after 16 years. I am so proud of them because they did deserve it. Today did some stupid moves in the pass month with having Sarah Palin on as a co-host, and promoting Meredith as a legend. When Katie was GMA, that's when Today got all scared and even though they won that week only losing Friday to GMA, Matt decides to take a vacation. They thought they were all clear and now this happen. Serve them right. Somebody is going to be laid off in the next year and Matt contract is going to be reduce within the year too. They need new management at NBC by finding a good replacement for both Matt, Ann, and Al. Tameron, Natalie, Savannah are all contenders for Ann's position. Lester is next in line for NBC Nightly News so they may not put him on Today and anyone can replace Al. Whatever happens, something big is going to be shaken up at Today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/19/good-morning-america-breaks-today-streak_n_1437103.html?ref=media

In terms of on-air staff, I doubt many (if any) heads are going to roll. Lauer's been signed, he'd jump ship if they try to reduce/cut back the contract...and you think NBC had a PR mess with Conan? Roker isn't going anywhere, either. He hasn't done anything lately to ruffle feathers, and I doubt his salary would a huge issue. If anyone goes, it's Ann. Should she leave, more viewers will leave for ABC and they'll continue to win...however I think Today would recover over time. Frankly, the best thing for them to do right now is figure out what their issues are in the advertising and booking departments and make changes accordingly. Many viewers may not be watching anymore, but the majority are staying (so far). Stability in a must.

As for GMA, good for them. I personally was a more loyal viewer during the Charlie and Diane days (my 18-34 male sense of humor has found a home on WGN Morning News), but I think they've put together a good team. George has finally loosened up some and plays a good straight man to Josh and Sam's jokes, Robin has done a good job of taking control of the show without being overbearing like Diane could be sometimes. Lara doesn't contribute much, but still serves as a nice balance to everyone else. Their doing a good job (even if a little more fluffy than they used to be), but they'll face a real test after "Dancing" wraps up in May.

I don't really like the network morning shows.. I am only 18 and personally I like Good Day New York because it is done in a much lighter format..Greg and Rosanna are great together..But anyways when I do watch a network show it usually is GMA..The Today show is the same thing over and over again they need to change it up a little bit. I am not a huge fan of any of the anchors on on Today or GMA..But congratulations to the GMA team they really deserve it..

The winning streak being broken shouldn't cause heads to roll at Today. It was bound to happen eventually, anyway. They should just acknowledge it, (possibly) congratulate GMA, and move on.

If GMA keeps winning for multiple weeks in a row, then the Today folks need to start worrying. But not being #1 for the first time in sixteen years doesn't mean the end of the world is nigh. It just means that the winning streak is over. That's it.

They're down a little from a year ago. However, I don't think they're going to change anything because the network's said that they're happy with their final product...so while in 3rd place, the producers are celebrating a moral victory.

They're down a little from a year ago. However, I don't think they're going to change anything because the network's said that they're happy with their final product...so while in 3rd place, the producers are celebrating a moral victory.

This is my subjective opinion, but I think CBS This Morning will eventually find an audience much in the same way that Morning Joe (Chris Licht's first morning show) took a while to do so. The show is still pretty new, and CBS is the only one putting out something different in the morning, so I think it'll eventually work for them.

Budget constraints...the TS studio is "pay as you go" with Disney, so ABC News has to (somehow) pay the mouse every time they use it. They only use one floor of the studio for the same reason.

Looks like GMA will win another week... this time going up against the full crew at Today. If prelimernary Nielsen numbers hold up, GMA will be #1 the week of April 23. More importantly, last Tuesday, GMA beat Today in the advertiser-friendly Adults 25-54 demo. That was the first daily win in the A25-54 demo for GMA in 16 years.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/gma-is-posting-its-smallest-total-viewer-and-adults-25-54-margins-with-today-in-16-years-season-to-date-2/

• 3 weeks later...

Archived