It's Official: WTVJ Set teardown begins.

Alain

Yes, it's official. Starting yesterday, all newscasts are being done in the back of the newsroom while a new news set is built. Debut is expected somewhere around Olympics time, along with Look F.

Image was taken by chief meteorologist John Morales.

wtvj.set_.teardown.jpg.6bfd919b441cfb83853d892f0bd0ec49.jpg

Their only set in Miramar is finally laid to rest. Set really aged alright considering how cheaply ran WTVJ has been. I would love to see a hybrid look for the First Television Newscast in Florida.

Are they really going to get Look F, or is it going to be that weird (but cool) hybrid of F, C, and E?

It's looking like they're going with an orange version of look F if this is any indication of anything:

[yt]7IjbkT2mRvk[/yt]

The New logo (grabbed from the Olympics site):

http://www.nbcolympi...wtvj/index.html

WTVJ_NBC_6_2012_logo.jpg

I like the blue. I just wish they went for the more shiny NBC logo:

NBC_logo_2011.png

BTW, any Idea on how NBC Artworks made this NBC logo?

Well Artworks didn't make the 2nd peacock. Looks like they just ran it through a 3d modeling application. The effects look pretty basic though.

They have been airing promos with a more generic looking version of Look F:

Here's a little blooper I caught last night, trying to remove/cover up the old NBC6 logo from a back wall:

And here's something you may all be happy to see happening:

[yt]z3Aav080dig[/yt]

They have been airing promos with a more generic looking version of Look F:

Here's a little blooper I caught last night, trying to remove/cover up the old NBC6 logo from a back wall:

And here's something you may all be happy to see happening:

[yt]z3Aav080dig[/yt]

Thank You!!! It was about time. Cant wait to see how the new set gonna look like......

The New logo (grabbed from the Olympics site):

http://www.nbcolympi...wtvj/index.html

WTVJ_NBC_6_2012_logo.jpg

I like the blue. I just wish they went for the more shiny NBC logo:

NBC_logo_2011.png

BTW, any Idea on how NBC Artworks made this NBC logo?

That "6" dates back when WCIX was on the channel that 'TVJ's on today. Looks like WCAU isn't the only O&O that's going back to their roots on their logos. 'CAU's "Big 10" is an throwback to the CBS era; just like how 'TVJ is using WCIX's (now WFOR) 1988-95 "6", but not as hyper-glossy.

• 2 weeks later...

Just noticed something else in this video (the NBC Telemundo License credit at the end). Any idea what that was about?

Just noticed something else in this video (the NBC Telemundo License credit at the end). Any idea what that was about?

All of NBC's O&O's are legally owned by "NBC Telemundo License LLC". I'd guess it's up to the stations if they want to use NBCUniversal or whatever on the copyright graphic. In the end, it's all the same lawyers anyways.

All of NBC's O&O's are legally owned by "NBC Telemundo License LLC". I'd guess it's up to the stations if they want to use NBCUniversal or whatever on the copyright graphic. In the end, it's all the same lawyers anyways.

Most of the O&Os I've seen have used the NBCUniversal Media LLC. moniker as their copyright which I think makes sense as that is the overall parent company of the whole thing.

Most of the O&Os I've seen have used the NBCUniversal Media LLC. moniker as their copyright which I think makes sense as that is the overall parent company of the whole thing.

WHAT DOES YOUR STATION'S COPYRIGHT SAY!?

WHAT DOES YOUR STATION'S COPYRIGHT SAY!?

The Bell Media endcaps for those are actually pretty slick/consistent, they're mainly just a white box with the logo of the outlet (i.e. CTV/whatever), the year, and the Bell Media logo under it (they've mainly used that basic layout since the Bell Globemedia era. Became white with the CTVglobemedia re-branding)

Well, I was following the Twitter hashtag that I had posted earlier in this thread, and all the photos must have been deleted. However, before this had happened, I was able to ascertain that WTVJ's set will cover more space than the other. Last photo added was of what looked like it could be the weather set, which seemed to jut out farther into the newsroom than the previous set's interview/performance area. The aforementioned area seemed to have wall panels being installed in it that looked to be the lighted kind around what looked to be the seating for the meteorologist(s). On the newsroom side of this area, I had seen three monitor mounts, which seemed to be ready to take on decently sized monitors. The anchor desk (directly across from the weather area) looked to have been installed, and seems to be a good balance of glass and steel. Behind looked to be a very large opening for possibly a nice monitor wall. Looks like it's got some great potential to be an excellent set given the way they're using the space and the material used (which looks to be the dark woods in the floor and other elements a-la-WNBC, WMAQ, et. al.)

Archived