KNSD Debuts New Logo and Website Design

newsmusicfan

To avoid creating a new thread on this, I will post in this one. Yes, KNSD has debuted Look F with a new logo, and they have dropped the 360 music pack and gone with KNBC's news theme. Everything looks very polished and is a big upgrade over the previous graphics. The open at noon (at least) features a mix of a still image of the O.B. Pier (where the San Diego appears) and live action/timelapse video. I will have the video up by sunday since I will be out of town, but below are some screencaps.

KNSDgfx1.jpg

KNSDgfx2.jpg

KNSDgfx3.jpg

You know what's amazing? They timed their new graphics launch for Comic Con.

COMIC CON.

That's great.

Editing for actual opinion: This is probably one of the better ones. The open is pretty good; I love the time lapse on the KNSD building downtown. I quite like the revised logo as well; it's simple but well-constructed and I like the 7. Other than that, the rest is more or less basic Look F, and Look F is still good.

Even WNBC isn't 'News 4 New York'! Now they're 'NBC 4 New York'. I think at some point they are going to eliminate news programming entirely and just make the news blocks Lifestyle programming. That would initially be a hoot, then very sad.

Hmmm,

I thought they were delaying their new graphics until after the Olympics, since the original Olympics site (early on) had the new 7 logo, but as of earlier this week, it was back to the "flat" 7 being used previously...

J

Are there any vestiges of the 360 package still in use? I know I liked hearing that on the TV when I was down in that area with family this past weekend.

Nope. None whatsoever, which was really surprising considering that KNSD used the same music package (Groove News) for close to twenty years and yet in the past 4 they have used three music packs (Gari's NBC Collection, 360's NBC O&O pack and now KNBC's theme). Go figure. But these new graphics are so much more polished and refined that it's like night and day between Look F and Look E. Who would have thought that the same graphics hub had created both.

Nope. None whatsoever, which was really surprising considering that KNSD used the same music package (Groove News) for close to twenty years and yet in the past 4 they have used three music packs (Gari's NBC Collection, 360's NBC O&O pack and now KNBC's theme). Go figure. But these new graphics are so much more polished and refined that it's like night and day between Look F and Look E. Who would have thought that the same graphics hub had created both.

I don't like the KNBC Theme for San Diego. I would prefer that they keep the 360 Theme. It fits the market better.

You know what's amazing? They timed their new graphics launch for Comic Con.

COMIC CON.

That's great.

Well, it'd be embarrassing to use the crappy Nonstop graphics when so many out-of-towners are tuning in.

The open at noon (at least) features a mix of a still image of the O.B. Pier (where the San Diego appears) and live action/timelapse video.

Looks more like the Imperial Beach or Oceanside Pier's. OB's Pier at the end goes north and south to look like a T if you look at it from above.

'NW.

Looks more like the Imperial Beach or Oceanside Pier's. OB's Pier at the end goes north and south to look like a T if you look at it from above.

'NW.

Yup, it's the I.B. Pier. I've noticed that the still images that are used in the opens are recycled from the block look opens, except for the morning open which uses footage of a moving trolley then a timelapse of San Diego bay.

Please tell me that the set @0:55 is temporary. They are sitting black stools and the desk is awful!

Well, they aren't stools. They are regular office chairs minus the back but only the weather/sports anchors have them. And no, the set is not temporary. It has been there since 2002 but was refreshed in late 2010. I've told that there are no plans for a new set, at least for now. My guess for a new set would probably be when KNBC moves into its new building.

Archived