Ducis Rodgers will be joining 6ABC

JULIUS

WOW.

That's a rather big major-market name going to 6. And it's another ESPN import. Given that Ducis has done sports on a major-market local station, I have a feeling he'll adjust better than Keith.

Not sure to read this though - if it's permanent, or if it's just ESPN helping out a station that needs sports people. They still need a third sports guy... but I doubt you make this hire to make him a third sports guy.

• 1 month later...

I disagree. He is nothing like Keith Russell personality wise. Keith was too over the top. Ducis is much more mellow.

I agree. Keith was over the top with the ESPN schtick. It felt like he was doing a routine and not just being himself on the set. (To be fair, a lot of ESPNers feel that way.)

Ducis is a hell of a lot more personable, mellow, and relaxed. I just saw him for the first time now and he seemed really natural, likeable, and funny. I have a feeling he's going to do VERY well in this market.

EDIT: Just checked, and the 6pm opens now mention Ducis. So he's now officially the main sports anchor at 6ABC. From what I've seen so far, they've made a wise move.

Archived