WPTV to debut new set

MidwestTV

And it's about damn time too!

To paraphrase the incredibly short article where I found this information, WPTV will debut their set tomorrow night after the Olympics (much like sister station KSHB did four years ago) and they'll also reveal their new graphics package, apparently totally in full. This would once again mean that WTPV is the first station to get the entire package right off the bat.

They also said to "Expect something unusual, but not on the scale of what WTVJ just unveiled last week," so I imagine that it will be somewhat similar to WTVJ's. But WPTV has an incredibly small studio space (or so it would seem), I doubt that there's too much they could really do there.

If you still want the link, here you go:

http://www.sfltv.com/2012/wptv-to-debut-new-set-this-week/

376908_10151126864803384_198204866_n.jpg

Two things.

1.) Why in the hell is there a Scripps logo so prominently on the set?

2.) WHO THOUGHT THE GIANT WABC DESK LOGO WAS A GOOD IDEA?

This was done by BDI, apparently in conjunction with the Scripps Design Center (I'm going to assume that's the hub). They should know better.

Desk graphics hint at the new look, which doesn't look like the one the former MGH stations are sporting and features much better coloring. This might have potential.

376908_10151126864803384_198204866_n.jpg

Two things.

1.) Why in the hell is there a Scripps logo so prominently on the set?

2.) WHO THOUGHT THE GIANT WABC DESK LOGO WAS A GOOD IDEA?

This was done by BDI, apparently in conjunction with the Scripps Design Center (I'm going to assume that's the hub). They should know better.

Desk graphics hint at the new look, which doesn't look like the one the former MGH stations are sporting and features much better coloring. This might have potential.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

(by the way, how DO YOU post photos on here? I literally spent over five minutes trying to figure it out before I just posted a link)

Anyways yeah. I can't really add on to that. In fact, that was one of the first (probably third) things I noticed "wow...they put the Scripps logo up on there...how odd indeed." Plus, I didn't even KNOW that there WAS a "Scripps Design Center." Sounds pretty bad if you ask me if THIS is what they came up with.

And the desk graphics really DON'T look that bad at all! If anything, they look similar to WPTV's old look back in 2008/9.

Also, did anyone else notice how that little diagonal thing at the bottom right corner of the set seems to go all the way up to the top of the duratan in the weather center? Pretty cool if you ask me. Guess we'll find out tonight at midnight! :) (Eastern Time)

The Scripps logo is on the all the WRTV News trucks too...I suppose that even though the viewers only have a relationship with the NBC and Circle 5 logo, Scripps wants you to recognize them as a news service to. Whatever...

The Scripps logo is on the all the WRTV News trucks too...I suppose that even though the viewers only have a relationship with the NBC and Circle 5 logo, Scripps wants you to recognize them as a news service to. Whatever...

This is slightly off topic, but the NMSA says that WRTV uses the Scripps 2009 theme as their close. Is that true, or do they just mean that they run the Scripps logo at the very end like KMGH?

Archived