Jeffcoat leaving WFLD/FOX Chicago News @ Noon

Jase

Trib-

http://www.chicagotr...,0,382597.story

'Fox Chicago News noon anchor Jan Jeffcoat is leaving WFLD-Ch. 32 after five years to host a new nationally-syndicated news show. She made the announcement during the noon newscast Friday, which will be her last day on the air.' -- RC

Big loss for the station I think. I always liked her and Patrick, Bill and her had pretty good chemistry together. Doubtful they will pick any in-house people, much less someone currently in the market.

I was not a fan of her in the morning with Mike Barz, but the show really came together once David Novarro moved back...then they moved her to the noon show. :bang:

I miss David...

I can safely say that in those five years, I have never seen her anchor a newscast once. I don't blame her; I just blame her (former) employer for never giving me a reason to watch their newscasts.

She and Mike Barz were very good together on GDC (in fact, that entire group was) and I would watch them all the time. WFLD made a mistake by moving her to Noon only instead of keeping her on GDC and re-building with her, Patrick and Kori as the key people. Had they done that, they might not be in as deep of a hole as they're in now. If, for whatever reason.

'The List' gets canceled, she could very well find a high-profile job at one of the 19 tv stations E.W. Scripps owns. That said, it's a risk worth taking.

'The List' gets canceled, she could very well find a high-profile job at one of the 19 tv stations E.W. Scripps owns. That said, it's a risk worth taking.

I think it's more of taking what she can get at this point rather than a "risk".. Her contract wasn't renewed at WFLD. She just happened to be one of the lucky ones to get something right before her time there ended.

I think it's more of taking what she can get at this point rather than a "risk".. Her contract wasn't renewed at WFLD. She just happened to be one of the lucky ones to get something right before her time there ended.

Yeah...just learned about her contract not being renewed. Honestly, she was lucky to get away with only anchoring one newscast for 2 yrs. (with some special reports here and there).

Archived