Misha DiBono

Bsean

So Misha DiBono has resurfaced on San Diego TV washing up on KSWB. What makes this somewhat interesting is that on their website she is listed as a reporter and anchor. The question is, what newscast is she anchoring? I haven't noticed any anchors absent. Are they launching new newscast this fall, seems to have been their trend for the last two years (news at 6 in fall 2010 and news at 5 in fall 2011).

Probably it is to reflect her position as a fill-in anchor. She has subbed for Loren and Walter a few times. Great hire, gives them more credibility and a familiar face to their team. Unless they plan on adding weekend morning news or an early afternoon newscast, then fill-in anchor is what she will do alongside reporting.

Yeah, I was thinking of a weekend morning broadcast. Something else other than XETV or KUSI weekend because they suck. Or maybe something weekday afternoon like KTLA at like 1 or 2.

Yeah, I was thinking of a weekend morning broadcast. Something else other than XETV or KUSI weekend because they suck. Or maybe something weekday afternoon like KTLA at like 1 or 2.

KSWB wont have a 1 or 2pm newscast: lack of staff since its only Raoul, Shally (4:30-9am) and Erica (9am-10am) holding down the desk. KUSI tried it back in the day at 11am, Noon and 1pm.... failed. KNSD just launched a noon newscast due to comcast to push more news operations.

since KSWB cant have a Midday/Daytime newscast, it looks like they moved it to the 5pm to balance out the news operation with back to back newscasts at 6pm.

Well they could have Jenn Karlman work a noon or 1pm newscast, since Jenn is hardly ever on the 10pm news anyways. But yes they are short staffed since John Langeler left for KING 5 and Perette Godwin left as well. FOX 5 has the same problem as KUSI, too many anchors, not enough reporters.

I don't think they are short staffed because they picked up Sharon Chen and Misha. Also Kristina Lee is freelance as well as Juliette Vara. And they also picked up Christian de la Rosa. I mean, they have just as many reporters as KFMB, KGTV, and KNSD.

I don't think they are short staffed because they picked up Sharon Chen and Misha. Also Kristina Lee is freelance as well as Juliette Vara. And they also picked up Christian de la Rosa. I mean, they have just as many reporters as KFMB, KGTV, and KNSD.

Well they picked up Sharon Chen and Misha, but John Langeler and Perette Godwin left, so its just filling two empty spots. Kristina Lee was let go last year and came back, why? Because they needed a reporter, and Juliette- you hardly ever see her unless she is filling in for a reporter. It is easier said than done, but I would like to see at least one reporter be available (at the very least working on an enterprise piece, or some other non-important story that they can set aside) in case breaking news happens and not have to take one off another important story to go cover the breaking news. Again, I realize there are limitations that stations have to work with and i'm not singling out any one station in particular.

• 2 weeks later...

When did Perette leave and where is she going? She was the last holdover from when the staion was affiliated with WB/CW. I remember she hosted "Take 5" on Sundays and did local cut-ins during the KTLA morning news on weekdays. Hopefully she surfaces somewhere else because I've always enjoyed her work.

When did Perette leave and where is she going? She was the last holdover from when the staion was affiliated with WB/CW. I remember she hosted "Take 5" on Sundays and did local cut-ins during the KTLA morning news on weekdays. Hopefully she surfaces somewhere else because I've always enjoyed her work.

It's been at least a month since she left. I didn't notice it until her bio was gone. She and Troy Hirsch were technically the last holdovers since he would substitute for her when she was out.

It's been at least a month since she left. I didn't notice it until her bio was gone. She and Troy Hirsch were technically the last holdovers since he would substitute for her when she was out.

I've seen her on XETV reporting the last couple of weeks.

Archived