Nexstar Sells Beaumont outlet to Sinclair shell

WXmanTim

The Beaumont Enterprise and and online investment website are both reporting that Nexstar has sold KBTV, their Fox-affiliated station in Beaumont, to Deerfield Media, Inc.

Deerfield, you'll recall, was recently announced as the new owner of Sinclair's KMYS-San Antonio so the company could complete a purchase of WOAI from Newport.

Sinclair already owns KFDM, the CBS affiliate in the market (acquired as part of the Freedom Broadcasting group).

It's expected the two stations will be operated under a LMA.

Not surprised at that move by Nexstar. At least KBTV is going to be ran but little bit more better company. I mean with Sinclair's buying spree... I have to wonder how is there money flow at this point? Because, I'm just seeing debt every time they acquire a station I know station don't come cheap.

Not surprised at that move by Nexstar. At least KBTV is going to be ran but little bit more better company. I mean with Sinclair's buying spree... I have to wonder how is there money flow at this point? Because, I'm just seeing debt every time they acquire a station I know station don't come cheap.

This just means that Sinclair will cut even more corners and go even more cheaper with everything than they already do.

Archived