WXIA New Graphics and Set: Confirmed

jeggleston

Here is a picture of the set that i took during the 6 O'Clock newscast. I'll try to get some more pictures soon. They've incorporated lots of the newsroom into the shots.

EDIT: I made a album of all of the screenshots of the set that i have.

D'awww look at the little robotic cameras on big huge pedestals.

no seriously what.

My issue is with this guy who is apparently stupid enough to outfit his MacBook Pro WITH WINDOWS 8.

Holy god, don't tell me Gannett is actually using that POS...OS companywide. (Though I can see the Metro influence in their new graphics)

ohhhh wow. is that really a macbook? are you sure it's not some PC that simply LOOKS like one, because I've seen some that do?

My issue is with this guy who is apparently stupid enough to outfit his MacBook Pro WITH WINDOWS 8.

Holy god, don't tell me Gannett is actually using that POS...OS companywide. (Though I can see the Metro influence in their new graphics)

That's not a MacBook Pro. That's one of the many Windows laptops that looks like a bastardized version of a MacBook Pro.

That guy is actually DeMarco Morgan, formely of WNBC, now evening anchor over at 'XIA. Good to see him busy.

That's not a MacBook Pro. That's one of the many Windows laptops that looks like a bastardized version of a MacBook Pro.

To be specific, that's an Samsung ATIV tablet/laptop hybrid.

• 2 weeks later...
why would you want the background to be the thing thats most in focus?

Not necesarily most in focus, just more in focus, because it's so...nearly opaque I guess...that it just about defeats the purpose of having a skyline back there when you can barely even tell that's what it is.

I found this on Facebook, You'll thank me for this.

841120_555941887756788_1552067256_o.jpg

Yay, I finally get to see the WHOLE desk; all three inches of it. No kidding, that's the smallest desk I've ever seen; you should see the cramping in the mornings on 11Alive News Today.

Therefore, 98% of the time newscasts are done from in front of the large multi-monitor panel.

Archived