WXIA New Graphics and Set: Confirmed

jeggleston

How long did their previous set last?

Their Jack Morton/PDG and blackwalnut set had been around since WXIA first went HD. It was modified a bit when they moved the entire set from their old studio near WSB to their current space in WATL's building (after Gannett purchased the station outright).

The set is confirmed to launch in February. Per the ticker in the morning:

"11ALIVE NEWS IS ON A TEMPORARY SET WHILE WE RENOVATE OUR LOOK...THE NEW SET LAUNCHES IN FEBRUARY."

(Hey, has a station ever gone back to a previous graphics package before?)

The set is confirmed to launch in February. Per the ticker in the morning:

"11ALIVE NEWS IS ON A TEMPORARY SET WHILE WE RENOVATE OUR LOOK...THE NEW SET LAUNCHES IN FEBRUARY."

(Hey, has a station ever gone back to a previous graphics package before?)

Not that I heard of, unless you're talking about station logos.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here's the story on the high school getting the old set

http://www.11alive.com/video/2080470148001/1/Old-11Alive-News-set-finds-new-home

Frankly they did a nice job with their own chromakey set before

The chromakey set is from a TriCaster.

I always like to see old sets go off to schools. I wish more stations did it, a lot of them seem content with just shoving old pieces into a prop closet. I've heard reports of some stations in town having old desks from the 1980's still crammed in a store room.

The more I see, the less I like. The new set is...new. And that's about the best thing I can say for it right now. Why is the skyline in the background blurred to the point of being completely obscured? And there are a number of blank wall surfaces? It's not ugly, but seems terribly sterile.

When 11 started work on the new set, I was really hoping it would be a Clickpring job. This looks like it was inspired by Clickspring but done in-house. Does anyone know who designed this set?

does WXIA stream their newscasts? i would love to see it live, and I highly doubt that they'll post any photos of it online, nor a video about the process. (I hate it when stations do that)

Yes, they do on their iPad app, but it's really hit and miss as if you can see it on their website. I know normally the Noon is streamed online.

Archived