Nexstar acquires the ComCorp stations.

CircleSeven

It appears that Nexstar has formed a new shell corporation. In contrast to Sinclair forming a Black-runned shell' date=' Nexstar will form another female-controlled shell. As you know, Nancie Smith runs Mission Broadcasting, after her husband David S. Smith (not the David Smith that owns Sinclair) passed away a couple of years ago. The new shell company will be called [b']Rocky Creek Communications[/b] of Denton, Texas. Denton is another community outside of Dallas, just like Irving, where Nexstar is headquartered. Shirley Green will be the new President & CEO of this new Rocky Creek venture.

Shirley Green is the Controller for Nexstar.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Paperwork Is Up!!!!

Here's The Thorough Breakdown of the consent to assign the licenses of the stations of the Communications Corporation of America to Nexstar Broadcasting, including the station lineup and the purchase agreement, which Nexstar will be paying ComCorp $270M. Nexstar will purchase all of the ComCorp's stock. Mission will purchase all the White Knight's stock. All the paperwork (which was made on April 24, the day Nexstar announced the deal) was posted minutes after midnight (3/6/13) on the FCC site.

Let's break down the proposed new station licensee assignments.

The following ComCorp proper stations will be assigned to Nexstar proper.

KVEO (NBC) Brownsville

KTSM (NBC) El Paso

KETK (NBC) Jacksonville-Tyler - continue to be the sister of KFXK/KTPN

KWKT (Fox/MyN) Waco

KYLE (Fox/MyN) Bryan

KADN (Fox) Lafayette - ComCorp's Flaggy

KLAF-LD (MyN) Lafayette

WNTZ (Fox) Natchez, MS-Alexandria, LA

WGMB (Fox) Baton Rouge - continue to be the sister of WVLA/KZUP

WBRL-CD (CW) Baton Rouge - continue to be the sister of WVLA/KZUP

The following ComCorp proper stations will be assigned to Mission.

KPEJ (Fox) Odessa-Midland - Will be the sister to KMID

KMSS (Fox) Shreveport - Will be the sister to KTAL

The following White Knight stations will be assigned to Mission.

KFXK (Fox) Longview - continue to be the sister of KETK

KFXL-LD (Fox) Lufkin - continue to be the sister of KETK

KTPN-LD (MyN) Tyler - continue to be the sister of KETK

KLPN-LD (MyN) Longview - continue to be the sister of KETK

WVLA (NBC) Baton Rouge - continue to be the sister of WGMB/WBRL

KZUP-CD (Ind.) Baton Rouge - continue to be the sister of WGMB/WBRL

NEW INFO!!!!!

And its not Shield Media, which I thought they were going to use to run WEVV or KSHV, which I stated earlier on this thread. And they will not be using any 'failed station waivers' either.

It appears that Nexstar has formed a new shell corporation. In contrast to Sinclair forming a Black-runned shell, Nexstar will form another female-controlled shell. As you know, Nancie Smith runs Mission Broadcasting, after her husband David S. Smith (not the David Smith that owns Sinclair) passed away a couple of years ago. The new shell company will be called Rocky Creek Communications of Denton, Texas. Denton is another community outside of Dallas, just like Irving, where Nexstar is headquartered. Shirley Green will be the new President & CEO of this new Rocky Creek venture.

The following ComCorp/White Knight stations will be assigned to Rocky Creek.

KSHV (MyN) Shreveport - Will be the sister to KTAL

WEVV (CBS/Fox/MyN) Evansville - Will be the sister to WEHT/WTVW

ComCorp will assign the license of WEVV to Nexstar. White Knight will assign the license of KSHV to Mission. In turn, Rocky Creek will acquire the licenses of both WEVV & KSHV from Nexstar & Mission, for a total of $16.8M ($14.7M for WEVV & $2.1M for KSHV). Nexstar will operate these new Rocky Creek Stations under agreements of shared services, sale of commercial time, option agreement, and to assist on Rocky Creek's debt, should any of that comes about.

Should it be finalized, it is unclear if KMSS/KSHV will be moving to the KTAL facilities in Shreveport or if WEVV will have to close shop and move to the WEHT/WTVW facilities in Evansville. Since what happened in Little Rock, I do sense that it will no doubt happen in this case. Also will we finally see local news again on WEVV? I hope that will be the case. With the heavy investments Nexstar has done in Utah & Memphis, I hope they will do some heavy investments in the ComCorp markets, specifically Baton Rouge, El Paso & Tyler.

This will take at least several weeks (or longer) for the FCC to approve this Nexstar/ComCorp acquisition. This will be Nexstar's second acquisition in Evansville since they bought Gilmore's final station WEHT and the sixth acquisition since the WFRV/WJMN Liberty Acquisition in 2011 (then, Gilmore's WEHT, Newport's 15, Smith's Vermont stations, Granite's KSEE and now, the ComCorp stations).

Now here's a pipe dream. I was wondering if Mission can buy Waco's KXXV/KRHD from Drewry, then London could buy the rest of the Drewry stations. And if they could scrape up few chump change to get Ramar's Lubbock cluster, the London could overwhelming gain a foothold of nearly all the Texas markets (excluding Houston, Austin & San Antonio), except for the Sherman-Ada, OK market.

And another pipe dream. I stated earlier on this thread. But if certain affil agreements get exhausted, I would love to see affiliation assignments pre-1994 move again. WTVW returning as an ABC affiliate, switch the facilities, so ABC will return on WTVW 7 on RF 7 (and the resurrection of the Circle 7 Logo), CBS can be moved to WEHT 25 on RF 28 then Fox can return on 44.1 then the CW can be moved to 44.2. But Since Nexstar doesn't really keen much to subchannels if this station wants it, I would love to see the CW affiliation moved to WFIE's subchannel.

One more thing. Which is the next group to go on the block. We know Local TV is of course also on the block. We know Titan & Fisher is going in the shelves of Sinclair. Grant could also be on the block as well. Granite has a great chance there will be going on the block, since their parent is Silver Point Capital (also the parent of ComCorp). I also don't think Young will last either. If Nexstar have a chance to go back to Albany, they should be the first to get WTEN/WXXA. Cox should get WKRN. And whoever has the money to pony up and acquire KRON 4.

Looks like Rocky Creek Communications is starting to take off and by the way the purchase agreement with ComCorp and Nexstar Broadcasting Group is like an novel for you to read while in the toilet and/or settling down in the bedroom for the night.

agreed on all of the material, except where does the Rocky Creek Communciations part comes in of the purchase agreement?

Looks like Rocky Creek Communications is starting to take off and by the way the purchase agreement with ComCorp and Nexstar Broadcasting Group is like an novel for you to read while in the toilet and/or settling down in the bedroom for the night.

agreed on all of the material, except where does the Rocky Creek Communciations part comes in of the purchase agreement?

Those two stations that's going to Rocky Creek have separate purchase agreements. It's not on the main purchase agreement. Click on the links to both KSHV & WEVV to see those respective purchase agreements

Like I stated above,

WEVV will be assigned like this. ComCorp > Nexstar > Rocky Creek.

KSHV will be assigned like this. White Knight > Mission > Rocky Creek.

Rocky Creek will buy WEVV from Nexstar proper for $14.7 mill, and KSHV from Mission for $2.1 mil.

Those stations (KSHV & WEVV) that's going to Rocky Creek have separate purchase agreements. It's not on the main body of the purchase agreement. Like I stated above, WEVV will be assigned like this. ComCorp > Nexstar > Rocky Creek. KSHV will be assigned like this. White Knight > Mission > Rocky Creek. Rocky Creek will buy WEVV from Nexstar proper for $14.7 mill, and KSHV from Mission for $2.1 mil.

That Rocky Creek Communications Group does sound good and it has an decent woman runs the company and despite the fact that Nexstar owns WEHT and WTVW (through Mission Broadcasting) and it does satisfy the FCC's ownership rules on women running Television Groups. Congrats to Nexstar for making this happen.

That Rocky Creek Communications sound good, despite the fact that Nexstar owns WEHT and WTVW (through Mission Broadcasting) and it does satisfy the FCC's ownership rules.

I still think it won't sastify much of anyone. Nexstar and Sinclair is trying their damndest to quiet the FCC commissioners. So they can say, 'well, we do have a black man running this (Howard Stirk), and we have a woman is running this (Rocky Creek, Mission)'. Because they obviously know that the FCC will soon be stating their plans to reform the media ownership laws. And that could possibly include exhausting the current LMA/JSA/SSAs. Yet the lobbyist want to keep it a status quo, or at least have the current LMA/JSA/SSAs grandfathered. The commissioners see that media ownership is basically a White Man's field.

EDIT (5/7 @ 3:33am/CT): Jake's TV Blog has now posted about WEVV's Nexstar situation.

I still think it won't sastify much of anyone. Nexstar and Sinclair is trying their damndest to quiet the FCC commissioners. So they can say, 'well, we do have a black man running this (Howard Stirk), and we have a woman is running this (Rocky Creek, Mission)'. Because they obviously know that the FCC will soon be stating their plans to reform the media ownership laws. And that could possibly include exhausting the current LMA/JSA/SSAs. Yet the lobbyist want to keep it a status quo, or at least have the current LMA/JSA/SSAs grandfathered. The commissioners see that media ownership is basically a White Man's field.

EDIT (5/7 @ 3:33am/CT): Jake's TV Blog has now posted about WEVV's Nexstar situation.

EXACTLY! I'm waiting on them to exhaust the current JSA/LMA/SSA agreements, its an wait and see game and yes Nexstar and Sinclair are trying their damndest to keep the commissioners quiet regarding ownership and yes, they can say well, we have a man named Armstrong Williams who is running Howard Stirk and These women are running Mission Broadcasting and Rocky Creek Communications with due respect.

I see affiliations changing in Evansville for some reason, now that Fox's Evansville affiliate, now on a subchannel, is once again operated by Nexstar. I think that CBS should go to WTVW and Fox gets moved to the main channel of WEVV. The CW would move to that subchannel of WEVV previously occupied by Fox.

Or, even better, ABC moves from WEHT to WTVW and CBS moves to WEHT, with Fox going to the main channel of WEVV. Then, the Circle 7 can be reborn in Evansville.

I see affiliations changing in Evansville for some reason, now that Fox's Evansville affiliate, now on a subchannel, is once again operated by Nexstar. I think that CBS should go to WTVW and Fox gets moved to the main channel of WEVV. The CW would move to that subchannel of WEVV previously occupied by Fox.

Or, even better, ABC moves from WEHT to WTVW and CBS moves to WEHT, with Fox going to the main channel of WEVV. Then, the Circle 7 can be reborn in Evansville.

hmmm....I'm seeing the switch being reversed in 2013 from 1995 to the point that WEHT goes to CBS, WTVW going back from CW to ABC and WEVV going back to FOX and a subchannel of the CW on DT2???? I don't think that would work at all. It would confuse the viewers a whole lot, especially people who have adjusted to news anchors and newscasts and programming from the networks.

hmmm....I'm seeing the switch being reversed in 2013 from 1995 to the point that WEHT goes to CBS' date=' WTVW going back from CW to ABC and WEVV going back to FOX and a subchannel of the CW on DT2???? I don't think that would work at all. It would confuse the viewers a whole lot, especially people who have adjusted to news anchors and newscasts and programming from the networks.[/font']

The CW has nowhere else to go besides a sub if WTVW becomes CBS or something similar. The station that used to be the CW, WAZE, went off the air in 2011.

The CW has nowhere else to go besides a sub if WTVW becomes CBS or something similar. The station that used to be the CW, WAZE, went off the air in 2011.

(sighs with caution) look, I understand your posts and all, but I am going to have to say this but it's going to be a confusing situation in Evansville, again. However, if the CW (I don't know how long its going to last) ends up on DT2 on any of the subchannels.

Basicly, what I am getting across is if you change WTVW, WEHT and WEVV's affiliation around to where they were used to be post 1995, the viewers will be confused on what stations are they are watching and what newscasts are what stations. I understand where the CW may end up on a DT2 or on a Cable only channel (like Topeka, Kansas had before they became a DT2 for OTA viewers to view).

• 2 weeks later...

No one who is connected to this deal has thus far even suggested there will be any affiliation switching in Evansville. IMHO, it would be foolish to do so; it's only been four months & change since WTVW picked up The CW, and two years since Fox moved.

Archived