Custom late night show teases for local station

PTVNews

I noticed a few weeks ago that Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon both did a custom local tease for KGW references the city and and the anchors names. I thought maybe it was a once in a while occurrence but i've seen it many nights since.

Is this something new that Jay and Jimmy are doing? I don't think so as I recall them doing in years past. Do the stations have to pay for these? Can any station request them or how does it work?

Seems to me like there is no way custom teases can be made each night for each market. Even at market 22, guessing they do all the higher markets, doing over 20 a night seems like a stretch. But maybe they can bang them out in 5-10min for 30 stations? idk.

I noticed a few weeks ago that Jay Leno and Jimmy Fallon both did a custom local tease for KGW references the city and and the anchors names. I thought maybe it was a once in a while occurrence but i've seen it many nights since.

Is this something new that Jay and Jimmy are doing? I don't think so as I recall them doing in years past. Do the stations have to pay for these? Can any station request them or how does it work?

Seems to me like there is no way custom teases can be made each night for each market. Even at market 22, guessing they do all the higher markets, doing over 20 a night seems like a stretch. But maybe they can bang them out in 5-10min for 30 stations? idk.

ABC offered the same thing for Nightline when it followed the late local news. WISN Milwaukee used to carry them.

There were a few nights where they had to fall back to a generic tease, but almost every other night they had one that started out with the anchors' names, and ended with "that's next on Nightline, following Milwaukee's only hour long 10:00 newscast."

I'm not sure if ABC offers a custom Kimmel spot or not.

ABC offered the same thing for Nightline when it followed the late local news. WISN Milwaukee used to carry them.

There were a few nights where they had to fall back to a generic tease, but almost every other night they had one that started out with the anchors' names, and ended with "that's next on Nightline, following Milwaukee's only hour long 10:00 newscast."

I'm not sure if ABC offers a custom Kimmel spot or not.

I think the network does for Kimmel. Here in Philadelphia, after the weather, Jim Gardner tells viewers that JKL begins after the news, and a tease begins of Kimmel thanking Gardner and announcing the guests of that night's show. The main guest is then seen as part of a gag with Kimmel. I don't know if this happens every night because I only watch the 11:00 news infrequently and watch JKL once in a while.

Guest Former Member 207

Kimmel's been that doing for KABC ever since the move to 11:35pm last month; he's even appeared in promos as an Eyewitness News "reporter", promoting the newscasts and his show.

In the early months, Fallon used to do a bit called "Local Market Promos" in which Jimmy would stand behind the large screen and do demographic specific promos for his show. It was discontinued because I think some viewers found it a bit insulting (I think he even cut promos for English/French Canada and Australia).

I went to a taping of 'The Tonight Show' a few months back and watched Jay only do a handful of them at the end of the show.... for NY, LA, Chicago O&Os and maybe like 2 or 3 more for affiliates. There is no way they would do upwards of 30 of them. Leno looked irritated just having to do the handful. Part of the problem is that the audience wouldn't stay quiet and he had to re-do a couple of them a few times.

Archived