GMA wins Feb Sweeps with Robin's Return.

TVNewsWatcher

Poor NBC.

However I do agree that they exploited Robin's illness for ratings, knowing that it would work out damn well for them in the end, by making the show dramatically "personal."

But NBC needs to get its damn act together and soon!

Poor NBC.

However I do agree that they exploited Robin's illness for ratings, knowing that it would work out damn well for them in the end, by making the show dramatically "personal."

However, I gotta give ABC credit. Since the Oscars, they seem to have dropped references to Robin's condition, outside of a statement if she's off that day.

I've heard a lot of different points about possible explotation of Robins condition but I'm just wondering is it any different than when an anchor in the past is out for maternity leave and they continue to update us on that anchor condition? Also I think the audience wanted the updates on Robin.

I've heard a lot of different points about possible explotation of Robins condition but I'm just wondering is it any different than when an anchor in the past is out for maternity leave and they continue to update us that anchor? Also I think the audience wanted the updates on Robin.

I totally agree! People wanted to know how she was doing, I think she wanted the audience to feel like they were going through the journey also. People LOVE Robin.

I've heard a lot of different points about possible explotation of Robins condition but I'm just wondering is it any different than when an anchor in the past is out for maternity leave and they continue to update us on that anchor condition? Also I think the audience wanted the updates on Robin.

I've never seen anyone give constant updates about some female that's on materinty leave, other than that she's pregnant, going on leave, has had the baby, and will return on so and said such and dutch date.

The Today Show needs an over haul, starting with Matt Lauer and that Savannah girl..

YES. Savannah wasn't ready yet. Natalie would've been a better fit in my opinon. I also think they should've sent her out on more hard-news assignments to toughen her up some. Plus, her voice can just wear on you.

Matt Laur has got to go. He looks so uncomfortable in that chair these days. There is no chemistry between any of them today. I feel for Savannah because I don't think she knew what she was getting into.

Poor NBC.

If the audience felt that Robin's condition was being exploited, they would have made it known and ABC would have stopped. Clearly they did their research before deciding to update viewers and - by all accounts - it seems that Robin was very open and wanted to share her journey with viewers.

knowing that it would work out damn well for them in the end, by making the show dramatically "personal."

Just want to point out that ABC nor Robin knew if she would even survive the treatment, so to say that they knew it would work out damn well is not wholly accurate.

Just want to point out that ABC nor Robin knew if she would even survive the treatment, so to say that they knew it would work out damn well is not wholly accurate.

Bingo. Look back at the Forbes article at the top, Ben Sherwood made it clear that they were trying to correct mistakes that were made when Peter Jennings got sick.

"Peter went on the air one night and with a very hoarse voice announced that he was facing lung cancer and he would be back. And Peter never anchored another show."

Archived