Which Station Has The Best Weather In Philly?

rear_flank

What station in Philly do you think has the best weather team and accuracy?

I personally like 6abc the best because most of their meteorologists will tell you if they were wrong and some really explain meteorology so that people understand it. The other channels don't do a bad job but I watch 6abc the most so I wouldn't really know. FOX just looks cheap to me so I never really watch it.

I agree 100% with you. I actually met David Murphy back in 2010. He gave me a tour of their building & studio. They have some pretty cool stuff!

I say a tie between 6ABC and NBC10. 6 for the whole Weather Team, especially Cecily Tynan and David Murphy, and 10 because Glenn Schwartz and Sheena Parveen. CBS3 is very close third.

I'd say NBC10 & 6ABC are the top 2 and there's not much separating them.

I think 6ABC has the slight edge over NBC10 cause probably 4 of their 6 meteorologists could very well be chiefs, and their calm presentation and technology helps.

I'd give NBC10 the slight edge in accuracy though. "Hurricane", Sheena, & Bill Henley weekdays are top rate, always putting forth their own forecasts and are normally right on ahead of everyone else. They're not afraid to call something they see a week out, whereas 6 kind of discounts what may happen till about 3-4 days out.

CBS3 with Kathy Orr, Kate Bilo, Justin Drabick, Carol Erickson, and Katie Fehlinger are no slouches either, and would put them 3rd. Not a whole lot draws me to them though.

Fox 29, Scott Williams & Sue Serio are good, along with their other meteorologists, but they are still building.

Overall, Philly's in good hands weatherwise. Enriched with great weather people all around.

Archived