WAVE 3 New Graphics

Working4You

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As mentioned before, WMC in Memphis recently got the new graphics. With the graphics change, they continued to use their previous logo (actionnews5.gif).

I noticed today that an alternate logo was shown on an image uploaded by the station's chopper's fan page on Facebook:

10290651_695498983822467_5966142103957679363_n.jpg

Don't know if they are planning on this as a new logo...or it just made a random appearance. This is the first time that the peacock has been included in WMC's logo in years...maybe even decades. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure that it ever has.

As mentioned before, WMC in Memphis recently got the new graphics. With the graphics change, they continued to use their previous logo (actionnews5.gif).

I noticed today that an alternate logo was shown on an image uploaded by the station's chopper's fan page on Facebook:

10290651_695498983822467_5966142103957679363_n.jpg

Don't know if they are planning on this as a new logo...or it just made a random appearance. This is the first time that the peacock has been included in WMC's logo in years...maybe even decades. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure that it ever has.

You're not seeing things, that actually is their newly-modified logo (per Jason Miles' Twitter page), and supposedly they will be calling themselves "WMC Action News 5" (much like what WREG does now). Nothing to really dislike about it, except for the typeface used for the call letters (would work better if italicized). Should be interesting to see this on air, but could they please update their music while they're at it?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I might like the graphics. They're a lot less "cheap" than the graphics the Raycom stations previously had (minus WOIO.) On another note, it's odd to hear an extended version of the new gen of Enforcer for the WCSC open..

I think I might like the graphics. They're a lot less "cheap" than the graphics the Raycom stations previously had (minus WOIO.) On another note, it's odd to hear an extended version of the new gen of Enforcer for the WCSC open..

IMHO, I think WOIO should've got a version of NG4 Enforcer because as it stands, WOIO's cuts of Enforcer just sound way too long in the tooth.

Probably because of the length of the open. Some of the other Raycom stations, including WMC, tend to cut out the first 3-4 seconds of the original opening (likely because saying they're in HD is rather redundant in markets where every station is already in HD).

IMHO, I think WOIO should've got a version of NG4 Enforcer because as it stands, WOIO's cuts of Enforcer just sound way too long in the tooth.

Tell me about it. WMC still uses the NBC NG1 cuts for the most part.

• 4 weeks later...

In my prospective I am not satisfied with the Graphics as well, as is this is now becoming an mojor appearance for the Raycom Stations I generally think WSI has an impact on the stations I know a lot of us never actually unstood the Change until awhile back when I noticed a Merge in graphic companies called Weather Central and WSI. I am not completely all for WSI in my opinion since the Merge with the companies as results may vary from each station. The Majority of Raycom stations used the Weather Central Graphics which by far are the most impressive to me, Along with radar of operations as well as many have Used ESP: Live which were more appealing especially during the March 2nd 2012 Severe Weather Coverage. Now WSI TruVuMax don't really represent reliable feeling like ESP does.

Weather Central ESP: Live ~

380762_280598272017934_671331108_n.jpg

WSI TruVuMax -

1381569_623353654409059_1932963610295403081_n.jpg

Archived