Allbritton could be selling too.......

tyrannical bastard

Channel numbers are important in this market I think.i.e. The current fail of WIAT

If you're referring to WIAT's current graphics package, that's far from a 'fail.' It's a disappointment, but far from a fail.

And it doesn't matter what WIAT runs nowadays, the strength of CBS's lineup (especially in primetime) does play a lot in WIAT's success. As does being the OTA home for Alabama and SEC football.

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you're referring to WIAT's current graphics package, that's far from a 'fail.' It's a disappointment, but far from a fail.

And it doesn't matter what WIAT runs nowadays, the strength of CBS's lineup (especially in primetime) does play a lot in WIAT's success. As does being the OTA home for Alabama and SEC football.

I think having a logo that is out of order when read aloud (and one that even confuses the reporters) is a fail. The GM just came in and swept changes, some good, some bad. It was one of those turn-this-whole-place upside down deals. Who cares though, ownership might change again.

CBS can have great programming all day and night long but this is a market of habit. Your show is over, most people turn over to 6. 42's locally produced SEC programming is anything but stellar in my opinion, they can and hopefully will do much better considering how many people are watching.

Alas, what ever happens to 33/40, Sinclair hopefully puts their dumb brains aside and keeps/beefs up the sports department. They've got primetime SEC ball sometimes that needs in depth coverage.

Alas, what ever happens to 33/40, Sinclair hopefully puts their dumb brains aside and keeps/beefs up the sports department. They've got primetime SEC ball sometimes that needs in depth coverage.

They have so much going on during game day in Columbus and throughout the week that, if anything, they are going to drastically beef up Alabama coverage because its a great opportunity to sell commercial time to local businesses. Sinclair knows that, trust me. You would be very impressed with what they do even during away games and they do a good job choosing former football players for their on air talent.

They even tried to export their Buckeyes shows to ABC 22 in Dayton, but for some reason the shows didn't get much traction there. I think one of the reasons was that they didn't have a way to export it in HD at the time, not to mention that WSYX sports talent was unknown to viewers in Dayton. But it also could be that sports interest for out of market teams isn't as strong as it is for your local team despite the Buckeyes' popularity throughout most of the State of Ohio.

Archived