KNSD Set

Bsean

Not really sure what's going on, but Artie and Mari were not anchoring at the main desk. Instead, the 3x3 video wall was used as a back drop and they stood at the movable desk used for Sports Wrap. It looked cool for the two shot but not for the solo anchor shots. Sorry, not able to do screen caps. Will try to post pics.

Artie mentioned that they were trying out a new look/setup for the 11pm news. Looks a lot better than the regular set. Now they can actually use this as a temp set if and when they decide to get a new set.

fcc0fa69-512b-4c2a-a75d-f1be853808eb_zps0be05bfd.jpg

bd34a135-6a03-410a-a1a9-c0bd9840050c_zps5e0c5416.jpg

Thanks. I must have tuned in after that. It caught me off guard. I definitely thought it was a temp set, and it looked good for a temp set. My hopes for a new set were up for a moment.

Thanks. I must have tuned in after that. It caught me off guard. I definitely thought it was a temp set, and it looked good for a temp set. My hopes for a new set were up for a moment.

He mentioned it on his twitter page. They also did the same setup last weekend, with only Artie anchoring and it was only for a few minutes, then he went back to the main desk.

So two things that I hadn't noticed until now (which means it probably has been in place for a few weeks):

-Mari Payton is no longer Midday Anchor. Christine Haas has taken over. Mari is now lead investigative reporter.

-Danya Bacchus now co-anchoring weekends with Artie. It's about time Artie got a co-anchor!

So two things that I hadn't noticed until now (which means it probably has been in place for a few weeks):

-Mari Payton is no longer Midday Anchor. Christine Haas has taken over. Mari is now lead investigative reporter.

-Danya Bacchus now co-anchoring weekends with Artie. It's about time Artie got a co-anchor!

Yeah, Christine was bumped up to the 11am news at the beginning of sweeps. Danya had mentioned that she was officially part of the weekend team. I didn't see her at 11pm last night, was Danya anchoring on Saturday?

Oh I don't. It looks very temporary. In the 2 shot you can see behind the background and the desk while a nice design looks cheap!

Believe me, as cheap and temporary as it looks, its miles better than having them sit at the main desk. The set is over 11 years old and looks outdated, it was refreshed a few years ago but still looks like crap. It's sad to think that this is an NBC Owned and Operated station.

Archived