If you worked for FOX News, how would you stand up to Rupert Murdoch?

newswatch

If you were an anchor and reporter for FOX News, How would you stand up to Rupert Murdoch, and get Roger Ailes to trash Murdoch's ways?

Political Reporting:

1) First, Look at the Liberals

2) Second, Look at Conservatives

3) Third, balance them out, and look at independents

4) Let the Public Make the Choice

We Report, You Decide - it should not be a slogan, it should be a promise; I sure as hell would stand by that motto!

When Breaking News Happens, or any Hard News event:

1) Leaning Aspects: See what we can learn from the story

2) Postive Side: how we can think positve

3) Action Steps: doing something, and not letting the bad stuff get to us

4) Breaking things down: who is responsible, what happened, how did it happen, etc (the famous five W's and an H).

Funding to Make it Happen:

1) Correspondents mastering Video editing software (FinalCut Pro and Windows Movie Maker): laying off its photographers, video editors and voice-over sound person - all of whom they accompany a correspondent on non-live stories; that would save Ailes money!

2) Anchors of their designated shows: being executive producers, managing editors and principal writers (jacks-and-jills-of-all-trades); laying off the producers, editors and writers that baby the anchors.

3) Anchors and correspondents helping out in getting national companies to advertise on FOX News, and the personalities getting 20-percent of the cut.

Any Other Suggestions? Anything You Would Like to Contribute in Fighting Rupert Mudoch and winning the war on Journalism?

Note: this is also great for college students studying journalism, and wanting to go into the network level someday; I'm a journalism student myself, I have learned the behind-the-scenes stuff, and everything there is to television news than just being on camera.

Are you kidding? I don't think anybody [who matters] is under the illusion that what Fox News does is 'journalism' in the traditional sense of the word... they fill a niche and make great stonking dollops of money doing it, which is what Ailes and Murdoch are *really* in business to do. Why would they change?

3) Anchors and correspondents helping out in getting national companies to advertise on FOX News, and the personalities getting 20-percent of the cut.

You're a journalism student and you don't see this as a problem? Better retake the media ethics course! Most news organizations (even Fox, as well as the legitimate guys), bend over backwards to separate their editorial operations from their sales to avoid any appearance of journalistic bias.

Your vision is a laudable one, but also one that is unlikely to succeed in its pure form, given the economics of the business. As someone has already said, broadcasting is, first and foremost, a business. Aside from the relatively low bar of serving the "public interest, convenience, and necessity," (which, of course, only governs broadcasters; not the cable players) participants in the field are in it for the money and little else.

You libs crack me up! You always trash FOX for being conservatively biased, but totally ignore the liberal biases at ABC, CBS, NBC, and especially CNN. Sure, I admit that FOX is biased, but it is unfair to criticise them, yet leave everyone else out.

News is a business. Some networks pander to the left and FOX panders to the right. That is just the way it is. And with FOX's ratings, why would you change?

You libs crack me up! You always trash FOX for being conservatively biased, but totally ignore the liberal biases at ABC, CBS, NBC, and especially CNN. Sure, I admit that FOX is biased, but it is unfair to criticise them, yet leave everyone else out.

Absolutely right. But the others don't use "unbias" as a basis for their respective news brands.

Archived